The Mississippi State Bulldogs (17-9, 8-5 SEC) will be at Reed Arena to go head-to-head against the Texas A&M Aggies (13-12, 7-6 SEC) in a SEC matchup. Action begins at 3:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020, and can be seen on SEC Network.
Mississippi State Bulldogs at Texas A&M Aggies Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Aggies were victorious over the Alabama Crimson Tide 74-68, while the Bulldogs edged the South Carolina Gamecocks 79-76.
The Bulldogs made 28 of their 36 free throws (77.8 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.554 (above their season average of 0.513). The Aggies, on the other hand, knocked down 21 of their 27 free throws (77.8 percent) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.7 (above their season average of 31.6). Quenton Jackson put together a solid performance for Texas A&M with 20 points. Nick Weatherspoon had a good game for Mississippi State, recording 18 points and six assists.
The Bulldogs dominated this series last year, taking both games. In the most recent contest, Mississippi State won 80-54. The Bulldogs’ 37.0 offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest advantage over the Aggies, who had a mark of 20.0. This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
Half-court execution will be critical when two of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams square off. Texas A&M currently ranks 331st in possessions per game (65.2) and Mississippi State is 280th (67.2). Ball security could be troublesome for the Bulldogs. They rank 308th at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 21.2 percent), while the Aggies force the 33rd-most turnovers in the NCAA (opponents’ turnover percentage of 22.8 percent).
Mississippi State Bulldogs at Texas A&M Aggies ATS Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Texas A&M, ATS Winner – Texas A&M, O/U – Over
- Mississippi State ranks 106th in three pointers allowed per game (20.6) while Texas A&M ranks 287th (28.0).
- The Bulldogs average 4.8 blocks per game, which ranks 20th in the country. The Aggies rank 127th in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- Texas A&M ranks 113th in steals per game (6.6) while Mississippi State ranks 177th in steals allowed per game (7.2).
- The Bulldogs rank 13th in rebounds allowed per game (30.2) while the Aggies rank 151st (35.0).
- Mississippi State ranks 146th in assists per game (13.2) while Texas A&M ranks 261st (10.5).
- The Bulldogs have been outscored by an average of 3.8 points in their last five games. For the season, Mississippi State has defeated opponents by an average of 5.8 points.
- During their last five games, the Aggies have scored an average of 66.2 points per game (4.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 68.0 points per game (3.9 above their season average).