The Minnesota Timberwolves (3-1), 1-point underdogs, will travel to Capital One Arena to take on the Washington Wizards (1-3). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 224.5 points and action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 2, 2019.
Minnesota Timberwolves at Washington Wizards ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last contest. The Timberwolves (7-point underdogs) were defeated by the Philadelphia 76ers, 117-95, while the Wizards (8-point underdogs) fell to the Houston Rockets, 159-158. The Minnesota game went 9.5 points under the projected point total of 221.5, while the Washington game finished 83 points over the projected point total of 234.
Minnesota did a great job of getting and making free throws (21-28; 75.0 percent) while Washington was lights out from beyond the arc (20-36; 55.6 percent). Washington rallied around Bradley Beal, who contributed 46 points, eight assists and six rebounds. Meanwhile, Andrew Wiggins played a pivotal role for Minnesota with 19 points and five rebounds.
This series was highly competitive last year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. The Timberwolves won the most recent game 135-130. The Timberwolves’ turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Wizards. Minnesota had a rate of 6.7, while Washington posted a mark of 14.0.
The Timberwolves are 39-47 straight up (SU) and 42-45-4 against the spread (ATS) since last season. Since last season, games including Minnesota have gone over the O/U total 54.9 percent of the time.
The Wizards, on the other hand, are 33-53 SU and 42-48-2 ATS since last season. A little over half of Washington’s games have finished under the projected point total over that same period.
Washington figures to have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. The Wizards rank sixth in effective field goal percentage (0.532), while Minnesota ranks 24th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.538) since last season.
Minnesota Timberwolves at Washington Wizards Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Timberwolves, ATS Winner – Timberwolves, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- The Timberwolves rank 19th in rebounds allowed per game (45.7) while the Wizards rank 28th (47.3).
- Minnesota averages 15.0 second chance points per game, which ranks third in the NBA. Washington ranks 24th in second chance points allowed per game (14.1).
- The Timberwolves rank first in steals allowed per game (6.7) while the Wizards rank 18th (7.7).
- Minnesota averages 49.6 points in the paint per game, which ranks 12th in the league. Washington ranks 28th in points allowed in the paint per game (52.0).
- Minnesota averages 17.5 points off turnovers per game, which ranks eighth in the NBA. Washington ranks 20th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.9).
- The Wizards average 26.3 assists per game, which ranks fifth in the NBA. The Timberwolves rank 26th in assists allowed per game (26.0).
- The Wizards rank 12th in three pointers attempted per game (33.5) while the Timberwolves rank 25th (29.3).
- Washington ranks ninth in blocks allowed per game (4.7) while Minnesota ranks 27th (5.6).
- When allowing less than 100 points, Washington is 11-0 and Minnesota is 13-1.
- The Wizards are 30-46 when they reach the century mark, while the Timberwolves are 38-39.