The Detroit Pistons (4-6) will be at home in Little Caesars Arena when they take on the Minnesota Timberwolves (5-4). Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, November 11, 2019, and can be seen on Fox Sports – Detroit.
Minnesota Timberwolves at Detroit Pistons ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last game. The Timberwolves (12-point favorites) were defeated by the Denver Nuggets, 100-98, while the Pistons (6-point underdogs) fell to the Indiana Pacers, 112-106. The Minnesota game finished 29.5 points under the projected point total of 227.5, while the Detroit game finished 9 points over the projected point total of 209.
Minnesota did a terrific job of getting and making free throws (24-33; 72.7 percent) while Detroit had a better effective field goal percentage (0.529 vs. 0.542). Detroit was lifted by Luke Kennard, who recorded 29 points, six rebounds and five assists. Karl-Anthony Towns, meanwhile had a good game for Minnesota, recording 25 points, 16 rebounds and six assists.
The Pistons dominated this series last year, taking both games. In the most recent matchup, Detroit won 131-114. The Pistons’ turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Timberwolves. Detroit had a rate of 4.6, while Minnesota posted a mark of 12.2.
Vegas is known to place the total low when the Timberwolves are playing, as six of their eight contests have ended over the total. Minnesota comes into the contest with records of 5-4 straight up (SU) and 3-4-1 against the spread (ATS).
Games involving the Pistons also tend to finish over the total (60.0 percent). Additionally, Detroit is 4-6 SU and 4-5-1 ATS.
Kennard has been playing at a high level as of late for Detroit, averaging 16 points,5.4 assists over the last five games.
It might be a sloppy game for the Detroit offense. Since last season, Detroit ranks 26th in the league in ball protection (turnover percentage of 13.2 percent), while the gambling defense of Minnesota has forced the third-most turnovers in the league (14.2 percent). This game should be a showdown of contrasting tempos. The up-tempo Timberwolves rank first in possessions per game, while the more half-court oriented Pistons rank 25th.
Minnesota Timberwolves at Detroit Pistons Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Pistons, ATS Winner – Pistons, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- The Timberwolves rank 17th in assists per game (24.5) while the Pistons rank 23rd in assists allowed per game (24.1).
- Minnesota ranks third in three pointers attempted per game (30.0) while Detroit ranks 27th (34.0).
- The Pistons rank fourth in blocks allowed per game (5.2) while the Timberwolves rank 25th (5.6).
- Minnesota averages 49.8 points in the paint per game, which ranks fourth in the NBA. Detroit ranks 24th in points allowed in the paint per game (50.3).
- Minnesota ranks third in second chance points per game (15.1) while Detroit ranks 19th (13.2).
- The Pistons rank second in rebounds allowed per game (43.7) while the Timberwolves rank 24th (45.9).
- The Timberwolves rank eighth in points off turnovers per game (17.6) while the Pistons rank 25th (15.8).
- Minnesota ranks 23rd in fast break points per game (11.5) while Detroit ranks 25th (10.1).
- Minnesota ranks first in steals per game (8.5) while Detroit ranks 22nd (6.9).
- Minnesota is 13-1 when they allow under 100 points, while Detroit is 17-3.
- When scoring above 100 points, the Pistons are 40-32 and the Timberwolves are 40-41.