The Dallas Mavericks (34-23) welcome the Minnesota Timberwolves (16-39) to American Airlines Center. The Timberwolves can end an eight-game road losing streak. The game starts at 8:30 p.m. ET on Monday, February 24, 2020, and will air on Fox Sports – Southwest.
Minnesota Timberwolves vs. Dallas Mavericks ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last contest. The Timberwolves (8.5-point favorites) were defeated by the Denver Nuggets, 128-116, while the Mavericks (2-point underdogs) fell to the Atlanta Hawks, 111-107. The Minnesota game finished 18.5 points over the projected point total of 225.5, while the Dallas game went 19 points under the projected point total of 237.
Minnesota did a great job of getting and making free throws (22-29; 75.9 percent) while Dallas had a better effective field goal percentage (0.528 vs. 0.480). Dallas was lifted by Tim Hardaway Jr., who finished with 33 points and five assists. Jordan McLaughlin had a good outing for Minnesota, recording 15 points and 10 assists.
In their first matchup this year, Dwight Powell led the Mavericks to a 121-114 victory. He recorded 24 points and five rebounds. The two teams combined to put up 235 points, which was over the projected point total of 228.5, and Dallas covered as a 6-point favorite. The Mavericks’ 7.3 turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Timberwolves, who had a mark of 10.7.
Of the Timberwolves’ 54 games with betting action, 30 have gone over the total. Minnesota heads into the contest with records of 16-39 straight up (SU) and 18-34-2 against the spread (ATS).
Games featuring the Mavericks also tend to go over the total (63.2 percent). Additionally, Dallas owns records of 34-23 SU and 33-24 ATS.
The Timberwolves’ Malik Beasley has been playing at a high level over his last five games, averaging 21 points,5.6 rebounds per game. Meanwhile, Hardaway Jr. has averaged 20 points,4.2 assists during that same time frame for the Mavericks.
Dallas figures to have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. The Mavericks rank first in offensive efficiency, while the Timberwolves rank 20th in defensive efficiency. It will also be a tale of two paces as the fast-paced Timberwolves rank second in possessions per game, while the more methodical Mavericks rank 21st.
Minnesota Timberwolves vs. Dallas Mavericks Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Timberwolves, ATS Winner – Timberwolves, O/U – Over
- The Timberwolves rank 20th in points off turnovers per game (16.2) while the Mavericks rank 27th (14.5).
- Dallas ranks fourth in rebounds per game (47.1) while Minnesota ranks 29th in rebounds allowed per game (47.4).
- The Timberwolves rank 10th in fast break points allowed per game (12.7) while the Mavericks rank last (16.6).
- Dallas ranks third in second chance points per game (14.5) while Minnesota ranks 19th in second chance points allowed per game (13.4).
- Minnesota ranks 12th in points in the paint per game (48.5) while Dallas ranks 27th (44.6).
- The Timberwolves rank fourth in steals per game (8.5) while the Mavericks rank 28th (6.0).
- The Timberwolves rank third in three pointers allowed per game (31.4) while the Mavericks rank 18th (34.0).
- Dallas ranks first in blocks allowed per game (3.8) while Minnesota ranks 24th (5.6).
- In games where they allow less than 100 points, Dallas is 8-0 and Minnesota is 2-1.
- The Mavericks are 34-21 when they score more than 100 points, while the Timberwolves are 15-32.
- Minnesota is 12-13-1 ATS on the road, while Dallas is 12-17 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 15 of the Timberwolves’ 26 road games, while 18 of the Mavericks’ 29 home games have gone over.
- In their last five games, Minnesota and Dallas have both had 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Mavericks are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Timberwolves are 1-4.
- The Mavericks’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.6, up from 6.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Timberwolves have scored an average of 121.8 points per game (9.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 124.4 points per game (8.0 above their season average).