The Minnesota Timberwolves (15-18) will travel to the United Center to take on the Chicago Bulls (9-25). The game can be seen on NBC Sports Chicago at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 26, 2018.
Minnesota Timberwolves at Chicago Bulls ATS Odds
Both teams covered in their last contest. The Bulls (1-point underdogs) defeated the Cleveland Cavaliers 112-92, while the Timberwolves (6.5-point underdog) beat the Oklahoma City Thunder 114-112. Both games finished over their projected point totals. The Chicago game went 4 points over the projected point total of 200, while the Minnesota game went 4.5 points over the projected point total of 221.5.
The Timberwolves had a better free throw rate (0.217 vs. 0.189) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.578 (above their season average of 0.504). The Bulls, on the other hand, knocked down 15 of their 17 free throws (88.2 percent) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 22.6 (above their season average of 16.7). Chicago was lifted by Lauri Markkanen, who put up 31 points. Meanwhile, Andrew Wiggins played a key role for Minnesota with 30 points, six rebounds and five assists.
In their first matchup this season, Karl-Anthony Towns led the Timberwolves to a 111-96 win. He notched a double-double with 35 points and 23 rebounds. The two teams combined to score 207 points, which was under the projected point total of 219, and Minnesota covered as a 12-point favorite. Minnesota won the rebounding battle. The Timberwolves had more offensive rebounds (21 vs. six), defensive rebounds (38 vs. 34) and total rebounds (59 vs. 40).
Oddsmakers have a tendency to place the total high when the Timberwolves are involved, as 19 of their 33 games have gone under the O/U total. Minnesota holds records of 15-18 straight up (SU) and 17-16 against the spread (ATS).
Much like Minnesota, games involving the Bulls also have a tendency to go under the total (67.6 percent). Moreover, Chicago owns records of 9-25 SU and 16-17-1 ATS.
Kris Dunn has been exceptional as of late for Chicago, averaging 15 points,5.0 assists,1.6 steals over the last five games.
It could be an error-filled game for the Chicago offense. Chicago ranks 27th in the league in ball protection (turnover percentage of 14.7 percent), while the gambling defense of Minnesota forces the ninth-most turnovers in the NBA (14.6 percent).
Minnesota Timberwolves vs. Chicago Bulls Free Pick
NBA Tip: SU Winner – Bulls, ATS Winner – Bulls, O/U – Under
- Minnesota ranks fifth in second chance points per game (15.0) while Chicago ranks 29th (9.2).
- The Timberwolves rank fifth in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.4) while the Bulls rank 20th (17.5).
- Minnesota ranks 16th in assists per game (24.3) while Chicago ranks 26th (21.7).
- Minnesota averages 44.03030303030303 rebounds per game, which ranks 21 in the NBA. Chicago ranks 28 in rebounds allowed per game (48.05882352941177).
- The Timberwolves rank first in steals allowed per game (6.4) while the Bulls rank 22nd (8.3).
- The Bulls rank 22 in three pointers allowed per game (32.911764705882355) while the Timberwolves rank 29 (34.303030303030305).
- Minnesota ranks ninth in blocks per game (5.6) while Chicago ranks 26th in blocks allowed per game (6.0).
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Chicago is 5-4 and Minnesota is 6-0.
- In games where they reach 100 points, the Bulls are 5-11 and the Timberwolves are 15-12.
- Minnesota is 6-10 ATS on the road, while Chicago is 9-8 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 13 of the Bulls’ 17 home games, while 11 of the Timberwolves’ 16 road games have gone under.
- The Bulls are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Timberwolves are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Chicago has 3 unders and 2 overs, while Minnesota has 4 overs and 1 under.
- During their last five games, the Bulls have scored an average of 97.8 points per game (3.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 96.4 points per game (13.6 below their season average).
- The Timberwolves’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.2, up from 0.8 for the season.