The Minnesota Timberwolves (4-2) will travel to FedExForum to meet the Memphis Grizzlies (1-5). The Timberwolves opened as 5.5-point favorites. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 225.5 points and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Southeast at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 6, 2019.
Minnesota Timberwolves at Memphis Grizzlies ATS Odds
Both teams did not cover as underdogs in their last contest. The Grizzlies (6-point underdogs) were defeated by the Houston Rockets, 107-100, while the Timberwolves (7.5-point underdogs) fell to the Milwaukee Bucks, 134-106. The Memphis game went 23.5 points under the projected point total of 230.5, while the Minnesota game went 9.5 points over the projected point total of 230.5.
Minnesota had a better turnover percentage (11.7 vs. 13.8) while Memphis had a better turnover percentage (11.9 vs. 13.8). Ja Morant played well for Memphis with 23 points, six assists and five rebounds. Minnesota received a boost from Andrew Wiggins, who contributed 25 points.
This was a highly competitive series last year, as the teams split their four games last season. In the last game, the Timberwolves won 112-99. Minnesota did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (20-21; 95.2 percent). Memphis, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (12.4 vs. 17.1).
Of the Timberwolves’ six games, four have finished over the projected point total. Minnesota comes into the contest with records of 4-2 straight up (SU) and 3-2-1 against the spread (ATS).
Unlike Minnesota, Grizzlies games have typically finished under the total (66.7 percent). Moreover, Memphis is 1-5 SU and 1-5 ATS.
This has potential to be an error-filled game for the offense of Memphis. Dating back to the 2018-19 season, Memphis ranks 21st in the league in ball protection (turnover percentage of 13.6 percent), while the gambling defense of Minnesota has forced the ninth-most turnovers in the league (14.1 percent).
Timberwolves vs. Grizzlies Pick
NBA Prediction: SU Winner – Timberwolves, ATS Winner – Grizzlies, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- The Timberwolves rank 20th in rebounds per game (44.9) while the Grizzlies rank 29th (42.2).
- Minnesota ranks third in second chance points per game (14.9) while Memphis ranks 29th (11.4).
- The Timberwolves rank second in steals allowed per game (6.7) while the Grizzlies rank 19th (7.7).
- Minnesota ranks 13th in fast break points allowed per game (13.5) while Memphis ranks 29th (16.4).
- Minnesota ranks eighth in points off turnovers per game (17.5) while Memphis ranks 19th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.9).
- The Grizzlies rank fifth in assists allowed per game (23.4) while the Timberwolves rank 26th (26.0).
- The Grizzlies rank third in points allowed in the paint per game (43.2) while the Timberwolves rank 16th (48.9).
- Minnesota ranks 24th in three pointers attempted per game (29.5) while Memphis ranks 26th (29.0).
- Memphis averages 5.6 blocks per game, which ranks sixth in the NBA. Minnesota ranks 24th in blocks allowed per game (5.6).
- When allowing less than 100 points, Memphis is 15-7 and Minnesota is 13-1.
- The Timberwolves are 39-40 when they score above 100 points, while the Grizzlies are 25-25.