The Minnesota Golden Gophers (1-1) will travel to Hinkle Fieldhouse to square off with the Butler Bulldogs (2-0). The Bulldogs opened as 10-point favorites. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 135.5 points and action gets underway at 8:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 12, 2019.
Minnesota Golden Gophers at Butler Bulldogs ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Bulldogs had no trouble getting past the New Orleans Privateers, 79-53, while the Golden Gophers were beaten by the Oklahoma Sooners, 71-62.
Butler played a perfect game. They had a phenomenally low turnover percentage of 8.0 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.0. New Orleans was 23.4 and 14.3, respectively, for those same stats. Minnesota, meanwhile, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.460 vs. 0.450). Butler’s Bryce Nze led the way, recording 18 points and 10 rebounds. Minnesota received a boost from Marcus Carr, who recorded 16 points, 10 rebounds and six assists.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when two of the nation’s slowest-paced teams battle. Butler ranks 287th in possessions per game (66.8) and Minnesota is 262nd (67.5) since last season.
Minnesota vs. Butler Odds Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Minnesota, ATS Winner – Minnesota, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Butler ranks 77th in three pointers attempted per game (24.6) while Minnesota ranks 309th (17.5).
- The Bulldogs rank 186th in steals per game (5.9) while the Golden Gophers rank 257th (4.8).
- Minnesota averages 14.7 assists per game, which ranks 68th in the NCAA. Butler ranks 80th in assists allowed per game (12.0).
- The Golden Gophers rank 79th in blocks per game (4.0) while the Bulldogs rank 265th (1.9).
- Minnesota ranks 116th in rebounds per game (36.6) while Butler ranks 288th (32.3).