The Milwaukee Panthers (12-14, 7-7 Hor) will be at the Athletics Center Orena to meet the Oakland Golden Grizzlies (10-17, 5-9 Hor) in a Hor matchup. Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Friday, February 21, 2020.
Milwaukee Panthers at Oakland Golden Grizzlies Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Golden Grizzlies were victorious over the Youngstown State Penguins, 72-64, while the Panthers were beaten by the Green Bay Phoenix, 94-90.
Oakland dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.185 (matching their season average) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.574 (above their season average of 0.479). For those same stats, Youngstown State was 0.014 and 0.444, respectively. Milwaukee, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (16.7 vs. 16.6). Xavier Hill-Mais had a good outing for Oakland with 20 points, 11 rebounds and five assists. Meanwhile, Milwaukee received a boost from Darius Roy, who contributed 20 points.
In their first matchup this season, Te’Jon Lucas led the Panthers to a 73-68 win. He scored a game-high 20 points. Milwaukee had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (45.0 vs. 23.3). Oakland, on the other hand, had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.580 vs. 0.469).
This has potential to be a sloppy game for the offense of Oakland. Oakland ranks 293rd in the country in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.8 percent), while the gambling defense of Milwaukee forces the 69th-most turnovers in the country (21.5 percent). It will also be a battle of contrasting styles as the fast-breaking Panthers rank 44th in possessions per game, while the more methodical Golden Grizzlies rank 301st.
Milwaukee Panthers vs. Oakland Golden Grizzlies Betting Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Oakland, ATS Winner – Oakland, O/U – Over
- Milwaukee ranks 74th in three pointers attempted per game (24.3) while Oakland ranks 289th in three pointers allowed per game (27.1).
- The Panthers rank 162nd in steals per game (5.8) while the Golden Grizzlies rank 166th in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- The Golden Grizzlies average 35.6 rebounds per game, which ranks 135th in the nation. The Panthers rank 249th in rebounds allowed per game (37.8).
- Milwaukee ranks 122nd in assists allowed per game (12.4) while Oakland ranks 235th (15.0).
- The Golden Grizzlies have outscored opponents by an average of 2.2 points in their last five games. On the season, Oakland has been defeated by an average of 2.9 points.
- During their last five games, the Panthers have scored an average of 72.2 points per game (0.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.0 points per game (0.8 below their season average).