The Oakland Golden Grizzlies (17-13, 9-8 Hor) and Milwaukee Panthers (15-15, 8-9 Hor) will face off at Athletics Center Orena to finish out the regular season. Tip-off is scheduled for 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 24, 2018.
Milwaukee Panthers vs. Oakland Golden Grizzlies Odds Preview
In the Panthers last contest, they dismantled the Detroit Titans, 72-49. Bryce Nze was the games leading scorer with 23 points on 10-for-17 shooting. The Panthers held the Titans to an effective field goal percentage of 0.325 (below their season average of 0.506). The Titans had a free throw rate of 0.127 (below their season average of 0.236).
The Golden Grizzlies are trying to rebound after their 96-90 loss to the Green Bay Phoenix in their last outing. Kendrick Nunn was the games leading scorer with 39 points on 12-for-24 shooting. Green Bay did a terrific job of converting from the charity stripe (17-23; 73.9 percent). Oakland, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.8 (above their season average of 28.1).
It will be a battle of conflicting styles as the fast-breaking Golden Grizzlies (ranked 43rd in the nation in possessions per game) will look to push the more half-court-oriented Panthers (283rd in possessions per game).
These teams have already met once this season. The Golden Grizzlies won 76-68. Oakland did a fantastic job of making free throws (19-22; 86.4 percent). Milwaukee, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (27.3 vs. 9.4). Nunn was the games top overall scorer with 36 points.
Milwaukee Panthers at Oakland Golden Grizzlies Odds Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – Milwaukee, ATS Winner – Milwaukee, O/U – Under
- The Panthers average 34.9 rebounds per game, which ranks 174th in the NCAA. The Golden Grizzlies rank 210th in rebounds allowed per game (36.2).
- Milwaukee averages 5.6 steals per game, which ranks 177th in the NCAA. Oakland ranks 194th in steals allowed per game (7.5).
- Oakland ranks 15th in assists per game (17.0) while Milwaukee ranks 170th (13.1).
- The Golden Grizzlies rank 25th in blocks per game (5.0) while the Panthers rank 160th in blocks allowed per game (4.0).
- Oakland ranks 36th in three pointers allowed per game (19.2) while Milwaukee ranks 109th (21.0).
- The Golden Grizzlies average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.0, up from 1.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Panthers have scored an average of 69.0 points per game (0.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 62.0 points per game (6.5 below their season average).