The Detroit Titans (6-22, 4-11 Hor) close out their home schedule at Calihan Hall against the Milwaukee Panthers (12-15, 7-8 Hor). The game is scheduled to start at 1 p.m. ET on Sunday, February 23, 2020.
Milwaukee Panthers at Detroit Titans Betting Odds
Both teams lost in their last outing. The Titans fell to the Green Bay Phoenix, 84-67, while the Panthers were defeated by the Oakland Golden Grizzlies, 75-68.
Milwaukee had a better turnover percentage (14.1 vs. 14.9) while Detroit did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (19-21; 90.5 percent). Detroit rallied around Antoine Davis, who had 29 points. DeAndre Abram was a key piece for Milwaukee with 16 points and nine rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Marquis Moore led the Titans to a 90-84 win. He produced 18 points, nine rebounds and five steals. Detroit was successful at getting to and converting from the charity stripe. The Titans made 28 of their 31 free throws (90.3 percent), while the Panthers were 18-24 (75.0 percent).
This has potential to be a mistake-prone game for the offense of Detroit. Detroit ranks 219th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.7 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Milwaukee forces the 73rd-most turnovers in the NCAA (21.3 percent).
Milwaukee Panthers at Detroit Titans Betting Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Detroit, ATS Winner – Detroit, O/U – Over
- Milwaukee averages 24.6 three pointers per game, which ranks 66th in the nation. Detroit ranks 214th in three pointers allowed per game (23.6).
- The Panthers average 3.1 blocks per game, which ranks 115th in the nation. The Titans rank 126th in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- The Panthers rank 129th in assists allowed per game (12.4) while the Titans rank 264th (17.3).
- Milwaukee averages 36.7 rebounds per game, which ranks 105th in the NCAA. Detroit ranks 228th in rebounds allowed per game (37.0).
- The Panthers’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 0.4, down from 0.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Titans have scored an average of 71.2 points per game (1.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 81.8 points per game (4.0 above their season average).