Hor foes will battle when the IUPUI Jaguars (4-11, 1-3 Hor) square off with the Milwaukee Panthers (9-8, 2-2 Hor) at Indiana Farmers Coliseum. Neither team is favored and the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 133 points. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 10, 2018.
Milwaukee Panthers at IUPUI Jaguars Free Preview
The Panthers beat the Cleveland State Vikings in their last contest, 67-63. Jeremiah Bell was the top scorer from either team with 19 points on 6-for-12 shooting. The Panthers made 16 of their 22 free throws (72.7 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.593 (above their season average of 0.511).
In the Jaguars last game, they were topped by the UIC Flames, 70-65. Aaron Brennan led IUPUI in scoring with 18 points on 6-for-12 shooting. UIC did an excellent job of making free throws (26-34; 76.5 percent). IUPUI, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (16.7 vs. 22.7).
Half-court execution will be critical when a pair of the nations slowest-paced teams battle. IUPUI currently ranks 257th in possessions per game (68.8) and Milwaukee is 316th (67.0).
Games featuring these teams tend to go under the projected point total. Milwaukee games have finished under 66.7 percent of the time, while IUPUI games have finished under 69.2 percent of the time. The Panthers have the significant advantage straight up (SU) (9-8 vs. 4-11) and a narrow edge against the spread (ATS) (6-9 vs. 5-8).
Bell has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Milwaukee, averaging 15.2 points and 1.4 steals per game.
Milwaukee Panthers vs. IUPUI Jaguars ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Milwaukee, ATS Winner – Milwaukee, O/U – Under
- The Panthers rank 165th in assists per game (12.9) while the Jaguars rank 166th in assists allowed per game (14.5).
- Milwaukee averages 3.8 blocks per game, which ranks 77th in the nation. IUPUI ranks 114th in blocks allowed per game (4.1).
- The Jaguars rank 45th in three pointers allowed per game (19.5) while the Panthers rank 72nd (20.5).
- Milwaukee ranks 128th in steals per game (5.8) while IUPUI ranks 131st in steals allowed per game (7.1).
- The Jaguars average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 3.2, down from 6.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Panthers have scored an average of 69.6 points per game (1.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 71.2 points per game (3.1 above their season average).