The Milwaukee Panthers (1-0) will travel to James H. Hilton Coliseum to take on the Iowa State Cyclones (0-1) in their home opener. Iowa State opened as a 15.5-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 140 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Monday, November 13, 2017.
Milwaukee Panthers at Iowa State Cyclones Betting Preview
The Panthers were victorious over the Wisconsin-La Crosse Eagles in their last outing, 83-73. Bryce Barnes was the top scorer from either team with 19 points on 6-for-7 shooting. Milwaukee played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.313 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.708. For those same stats, Wisconsin-La Crosse was 0.127 and 0.516, respectively.
In the Cyclones last game, they were topped by the Missouri Tigers, 74-59. Nick Weiler-Babb led Iowa State in scoring with 14 points on 6-for-9 shooting. Missouri did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (10-13; 76.9 percent). Iowa State, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (16.5 vs. 23.1).
The high-octane offense of Iowa State will face off against the bottom-tier defense of Milwaukee. Dating back to last season, the Cyclones rank 40th in offensive efficiency, while the Panthers are 266th in defensive efficiency. The Cyclones figure to have the edge on that end of the court. Furthermore, the Panthers rank 344th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.185), while the Cyclones rank 14th in opponents FTA rate (0.181).
Since last season, the Panthers are 12-24 straight up (SU) and 17-15-1 against the spread (ATS). A little over half of Milwaukee games have finished over the projected point total since last season.
Meanwhile, the Cyclones, have records of 23-11 SU and 19-14 ATS since last season. Over that same period, games involving Iowa State have had a tendency to finish over the projected point total (57.6 percent).
Milwaukee Panthers at Iowa State Cyclones Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Iowa State, ATS Winner – Iowa State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Cyclones rank 129th in blocks per game (3.5) while the Panthers rank 274th (1.6).
- Iowa State averages 24.4 three pointers per game, which ranks 52nd in the nation. Milwaukee ranks 195th in three pointers allowed per game (21.7).
- Iowa State ranks 29th in steals per game (7.8) while Milwaukee ranks 263rd (4.7).
- The Panthers rank 75th in rebounds allowed per game (33.3) while the Cyclones rank 286th (38.2).
- Iowa State averages 15.7 assists per game, which ranks 44th in the nation. Milwaukee ranks 193rd in assists allowed per game (13.7).