The Milwaukee Panthers (10-10, 5-3 Hor) will be at the Wolstein Center to go head-to-head against the Cleveland State Vikings (7-14, 3-5 Hor) in a Hor matchup. Action starts at 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 25, 2020.
Milwaukee Panthers vs. Cleveland State Vikings Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Vikings fell to the Green Bay Phoenix, 78-74, while the Panthers barely escaped the Youngstown State Penguins, 75-73.
The Panthers forced 15 turnovers and held the Penguins to an offensive rebounding percentage of 29.3 (below their season average of 35.1). Cleveland State, on the other hand, did a terrific job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (27-29; 93.1 percent). Craig Beaudion had a good performance for Cleveland State with 26 points and five assists. DeAndre Abram, meanwhile led the way for Milwaukee, recording 19 points and 13 rebounds.
This was a highly competitive series last year, as the teams split their two games last season. The Vikings won the last matchup 78-68. Cleveland State was lights out from beyond the arc (16-33; 48.5 percent). Milwaukee, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (42.6 vs. 6.5). This will be the first game of the year between these two teams.
The aggressive Cleveland State offense could be living from the charity stripe in this showdown. The Vikings rank 32nd in the country with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.278, while Milwaukee ranks 334th in FTA rate allowed (0.306).
Milwaukee Panthers at Cleveland State Vikings Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Milwaukee, ATS Winner – Milwaukee, O/U – Over
- Milwaukee ranks 84th in three pointers attempted per game (24.1) while Cleveland State ranks 302nd (12.8).
- The Panthers average 3.4 blocks per game, which ranks 92nd in the country. The Vikings rank 154th in blocks allowed per game (5.0).
- The Panthers rank 37th in steals allowed per game (5.4) while the Vikings rank 173rd (7.5).
- Milwaukee averages 37.6 rebounds per game, which ranks 90th in the NCAA. Cleveland State ranks 179th in rebounds allowed per game (36.3).
- During their last five games, the Vikings have scored an average of 60.8 points per game (2.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 71.0 points per game (1.9 below their season average).
- The Panthers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.0, up from 0.3 for the season.