The NBA’s top scoring team will be a 12-point favorite on the road at Capital One Arena, when the Milwaukee Bucks (48-8) face off with the Washington Wizards (20-35). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 240.5 points and action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, February 24, 2020.
Milwaukee Bucks vs. Washington Wizards Betting Odds
The Bucks won big over the Philadelphia 76ers in their last contest, 119-98, comfortably covering as 9.5-point favorites. The Wizards, meanwhile, were topped by the Chicago Bulls, 126-117, and failed to cover as 6-point underdogs. The Milwaukee game finished 10.5 points under the projected point total of 227.5, while the Washington game finished 6 points over the projected point total of 237.
The Bucks held the 76ers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.415 (below their season average of 0.527) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 18.3 (below their season average of 23.5). Washington, on the other hand, did a terrific job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (31-36; 86.1 percent). Washington was lifted by Bradley Beal, who finished with 53 points and five rebounds. Giannis Antetokounmpo, meanwhile had a solid performance for Milwaukee, recording 31 points, 17 rebounds and eight assists.
In their first matchup this year, Middleton led the Bucks to a 151-131 victory. He recorded a double-double with 51 points and 10 rebounds. Milwaukee covered as a 12-point favorite and the two teams combined for 282 points, which was well over the projected point total of 241. The Bucks’ offensive rebounding percentage was their largest strength over the Wizards. Milwaukee had a rate of 31.4, while Washington posted a mark of 23.9.
Vegas has been spot on when setting the total of Bucks games, with an even split between overs and unders. Milwaukee holds records of 48-8 straight up (SU) and 33-23 against the spread (ATS).
Games including the Wizards tend to finish over the total (57.4 percent). Moreover, Washington is 20-35 SU and 28-26 ATS.
Washington might struggle to score as they face off against one of the NBA’s best defenses. Milwaukee ranks first in defensive efficiency, while the Wizards rank 14th in offensive efficiency.
Milwaukee Bucks at Washington Wizards Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Bucks, ATS Winner – Bucks, O/U – Over
- The Wizards rank fifth in points off turnovers per game (18.5) while the Bucks rank 12th (16.9).
- Milwaukee ranks second in second chance points allowed per game (11.5) while Washington ranks 29th (15.1).
- The Bucks rank fifth in assists per game (26.2) while the Wizards rank 26th in assists allowed per game (25.6).
- Milwaukee ranks third in blocks per game (6.3) while Washington ranks 23rd (4.4).
- Milwaukee ranks second in fast break points per game (19.0) while Washington ranks 16th (12.8).
- The Bucks rank first in rebounds per game (51.9) while the Wizards rank 28th (42.4).
- The Wizards rank 14th in three pointers allowed per game (33.5) while the Bucks rank last (38.8).
- Milwaukee ranks first in points allowed in the paint per game (38.8) while Washington ranks 27th (52.0).
- Milwaukee is 13-0 when they allow below 100 points, while Washington is 4-0.
- The Wizards are 18-33 when they reach 100 points, while the Bucks are 48-8.
- Washington is 14-13 ATS at home, while Milwaukee is 16-11 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 14 of the Wizards’ 27 home games, while 14 of the Bucks’ 27 road games have gone under.
- The Bucks are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Wizards are 3-2.
- In their last five games, Milwaukee has 3 overs and 2 unders, while Washington has 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Bucks’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 12.4, down from 12.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Wizards have scored an average of 112.8 points per game (2.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 111.0 points per game (8.8 below their season average).