The NBA’s top scoring team will be 1.5-point favorites on the road at Vivint Smart Home Arena, when the Milwaukee Bucks (6-2) take on the Utah Jazz (5-3). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 218.5 points and action starts at 9 p.m. ET on Friday, November 8, 2019.
Milwaukee Bucks vs. Utah Jazz Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Jazz (3-point favorites) won a close one over the Philadelphia 76ers 106-104, while the Bucks (6-point favorites) were victorious over the Los Angeles Clippers 129-124. Both games finished over their projected point totals. The Utah game went 1 point over the projected point total of 209, while the Milwaukee game finished 24.5 points over the projected point total of 228.5.
The Bucks forced 19 turnovers and held the Clippers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.485 (below their season average of 0.540). Utah, on the other hand, played a nearly perfect game. They had a great offensive rebounding percentage of 28.6 (above their season average of 14.0) and a turnover percentage of 11.5 (better than their season average of 16.6). Philadelphia was 16.3 and 12.8, respectively, for those same stats. Rudy Gobert played a key role for Utah with 14 points and 16 rebounds. Milwaukee received a boost from Giannis Antetokounmpo, who finished with 38 points, 16 rebounds and nine assists.
This was a highly competitive series last year, as the teams split their two games last season. In the last game, the Jazz won 115-111. Utah made 12 of its 29 three pointers (41.4 percent). Milwaukee, on the other hand, did a terrific job of getting and making free throws (22-30; 73.3 percent).
Oddsmakers have a tendency to set the total low when the Bucks are involved, as five of their eight games have ended over the total. Milwaukee comes into the contest with records of 6-2 straight up (SU) and 5-3 against the spread (ATS).
Contrary to Milwaukee, games including the Jazz tend to finish under the O/U total (87.5 percent). Utah is 5-3 SU, but they are just 2-6 ATS.
Points could be at a premium in this matchup between a pair of the NBA’s best defenses. Utah ranks second in defensive efficiency (103.2) and Milwaukee is first (102.8) dating back to the 2018-19 season. Moreover, the Bucks, who rank 27th in offensive rebounding percentage (20.7 percent), will face off against the Jazz, who rank second in defensive rebounding percentage (80.3 percent).
Bucks vs. Jazz Odds Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Bucks, ATS Winner – Bucks, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- The Bucks average 6.0 blocks per game, which ranks first in the league. The Jazz rank ninth in blocks allowed per game (4.7).
- Utah ranks second in three pointers allowed per game (28.5) while Milwaukee ranks last (36.5).
- The Bucks rank fourth in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.6) while the Jazz rank 19th (16.9).
- Utah ranks first in rebounds allowed per game (42.6) while Milwaukee ranks 16th (45.5).
- Milwaukee ranks third in points in the paint per game (52.0) while Utah ranks 14th (49.1).
- The Bucks rank third in steals allowed per game (6.8) while the Jazz rank 27th (8.4).
- The Jazz rank first in assists allowed per game (21.1) while the Bucks rank 16th (24.4).
- Utah ranks second in second chance points allowed per game (11.3) while Milwaukee ranks fourth (11.7).
- Milwaukee ranks third in fast break points per game (18.3) while Utah ranks 27th (10.8).
- Milwaukee is 24-1 when they allow under 100 points, while Utah is 27-5.
- In games where they reach 100 points, the Bucks are 75-22 and the Jazz are 53-22.