The Portland Trail Blazers (13-8) will be at home in Moda Center at the Rose Quarter when they meet the Milwaukee Bucks (10-9). The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 201.5 points with Portland opening as a 2.5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 10 p.m. ET on Thursday, November 30, 2017, and it can be seen on NBATV.
Milwaukee Bucks at Portland Trail Blazers Betting Preview
In the Bucks last outing, they easily got past the Sacramento Kings, 112-87. Giannis Antetokounmpo was the top scorer from either team with 32 points on 11-for-16 shooting. Milwaukee dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a ridiculous effective field goal percentage of 0.655 (above their season average of 0.530) and a turnover percentage of 12.4 (better than their season average of 13.0). For those same stats, Sacramento had marks of 0.435 and 15.1, respectively.
The Trail Blazers come in on a high note after beating the New York Knicks in their last outing, 103-91. Portland was lifted by Damian Lillard, who was the games leading scorer with 32 points on 10-for-20 shooting. Portland dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.265 (above their season average of 0.226) and a turnover percentage of 8.7 (better than their season average of 13.4). New York recorded marks of 0.182 and 11.7, respectively, for those same stats.
The physical Portland offense might be getting to the charity stripe a lot in this showdown. The Trail Blazers rank fifth in the NBA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.227, while Milwaukee ranks 30th in FTA rate allowed (0.242). Also, the Bucks, who rank 30th in offensive rebounding percentage (17.8 percent), will battle against the Trail Blazers, who rank fifth in defensive rebounding percentage (80.5 percent).
Of Milwaukee’s 19 games, 10 have finished over the O/U total, while 15 of Portland’s 21 games have finished under the projected point total. The Trail Blazers have the superior straight up (SU) record (13-8 vs. 10-9), but the Bucks hold the sizable advantage against the spread (ATS) (8-9-2 vs. 8-10-3).
Jusuf Nurkic has really been playing well over the last five games for Portland, averaging 16.8 points, 9.0 rebounds and 2.8 blocks per game.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined for 223 points, which was over the projected point total of 208.5. The Bucks won 113-110, covering as 3-point favorites. Milwaukee had a better effective field goal percentage (0.569 vs. 0.488). Portland, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (31.7 vs. 19.4). In the victory, Antetokounmpo led all scorers with 44 points.
Milwaukee Bucks at Portland Trail Blazers Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Bucks, ATS Winner – Bucks, O/U – Over
- The Bucks rank 12th in assists per game (22.8) while the Trail Blazers rank 28th (18.2).
- Milwaukee ranks fifth in steals allowed per game (7.1) while Portland ranks 12th (7.7).
- Milwaukee ranks 10th in points off turnovers per game (18.5) while Portland ranks 25th (14.7).
- Milwaukee ranks fifth in points allowed in the paint per game (40.4) while Portland ranks ninth (42.1).
- Milwaukee is 5-4-1 ATS on the road with 7 overs and 3 unders.
- At home, Portland is 3-6-2 ATS with 9 unders and 2 overs.
- In games where they allow less than 100 points, Portland is 9-3 and Milwaukee is 5-2.
- When reaching the century mark, the Trail Blazers are 11-3 and the Bucks are 7-3.
- The Trail Blazers rank 19th in second chance points per game (11.7) while the Bucks rank 29th (7.9).
- Milwaukee ranks first in blocks allowed per game (3.7) while Portland ranks 29th (6.0).
- The Trail Blazers rank second in rebounds per game (47.1) while the Bucks rank last (38.6).
- The Trail Blazers rank second in three pointers allowed per game (25.0) while the Bucks rank seventh (26.9).
- Milwaukee ranks 11th in fast break points per game (12.0) while Portland ranks last (4.5).
- Portland is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Milwaukee is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Trail Blazers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.0, down from 4.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bucks have scored an average of 100.0 points per game (2.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 105.0 points per game (0.4 above their season average).