It will be a clash between two outstanding offenses when the Los Angeles Clippers (5-2), 1.5-point favorites, meet the Milwaukee Bucks (5-2) at Staples Center. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 228 points and it can be seen on ESPN at 10 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 6, 2019.
Milwaukee Bucks at Los Angeles Clippers ATS Odds
Both teams covered as favorites in their last matchup. The Clippers (4.5-point favorites) defeated the Utah Jazz 105-94, while the Bucks (7.5-point favorites) beat the Minnesota Timberwolves 134-106. The Los Angeles game went 14 points under the projected point total of 213, while the Milwaukee game went 9.5 points over the projected point total of 230.5.
Milwaukee played a nearly flawless game. They had a ridiculous effective field goal percentage of 0.613 (above their season average of 0.561) and a free throw rate of 0.215 (above their season average of 0.180). For those same stats, Minnesota was 0.422 and 0.184, respectively. Meanwhile, Los Angeles played a nearly perfect game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 36.7 (above their season average of 19.9) and a turnover percentage of 7.8 (better than their season average of 14.1). For those same stats, Utah was 14.3 and 13.3, respectively. Kawhi Leonard played well for Los Angeles, putting up 30 points and six rebounds. Milwaukee was lifted by Giannis Antetokounmpo, who finished with 34 points, 15 rebounds and six assists.
This was a highly competitive series last year, as the teams split their two games last season. The Bucks won the most recent game 128-118. Milwaukee made good use of their 27 trips to the charity stripe, converting on 22 of them (81.5 percent). Los Angeles, meanwhile, was 17-22 (77.3 percent).
Games involving the Bucks have typically gone over the total (57.1 percent). Milwaukee heads into the contest with records of 5-2 straight up (SU) and 5-2 against the spread (ATS).
Contrary to Milwaukee, games involving the Clippers tend to finish under the projected point total (71.4 percent). Further, Los Angeles owns records of 5-2 SU and 4-3 ATS.
Dating back to the 2018-19 season, Los Angeles has done a great job of getting to the free throw line. They rank first in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.258), but Milwaukee has been among the best in the NBA at keeping opponents off the line (ranking second by allowing a FTA rate of 0.171). Also, the third-ranked offense of the Bucks (offensive efficiency of 111.8) will go head-to-head against the 21st-ranked defense of the Clippers (defensive efficiency of 109.8).
Milwaukee Bucks vs. Los Angeles Clippers ATS Pick
Free NBA Tip: SU Winner – Bucks, ATS Winner – Bucks, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- The Bucks average 25.9 assists per game, which ranks sixth in the league. The Clippers rank 17th in assists allowed per game (24.4).
- Milwaukee ranks second in blocks per game (6.0) while Los Angeles ranks 28th in blocks allowed per game (6.0).
- The Bucks rank third in steals allowed per game (6.8) while the Clippers rank 24th (8.1).
- Milwaukee ranks first in points allowed in the paint per game (41.1) while Los Angeles ranks 22nd (50.1).
- Milwaukee ranks first in rebounds per game (50.2) while Los Angeles ranks 17th (45.0).
- The Bucks rank second in three pointers attempted per game (38.6) while the Clippers rank 28th (26.5).
- The Bucks rank second in fast break points allowed per game (11.5) while the Clippers rank 23rd (14.9).
- Milwaukee ranks fourth in second chance points allowed per game (11.7) while Los Angeles ranks 14th (13.3).
- Milwaukee ranks third in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.5) while Los Angeles ranks 26th (17.8).
- Los Angeles is 10-1 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Milwaukee is 24-1.
- The Bucks are 74-22 when they score more than 100 points, while the Clippers are 55-30.