Central Division foes will collide when the Indiana Pacers (20-19) challenge the Milwaukee Bucks (21-17) at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. Indiana is a 1.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 214 points. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Monday, January 8, 2018, and it can be seen on NBATV.
Milwaukee Bucks vs. Indiana Pacers Odds Preview
The Bucks were victorious over the Washington Wizards in their last matchup, 110-103. Giannis Antetokounmpo was the games leading scorer with 34 points on 12-for-17 shooting. Milwaukee played a nearly flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.0 (above their season average of 18.9) and a free throw rate of 0.313 (above their season average of 0.219). For those same stats, Washington was 10.3 and 0.269, respectively.
The last time the Pacers played, they dismantled the Chicago Bulls, 125-86. Indiana was lifted by Victor Oladipo, who was the top scorer from either team with 23 points on 9-for-11 shooting. Indiana dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a great offensive rebounding percentage of 27.8 (above their season average of 21.9) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.645 (above their season average of 0.532). For those same stats, Chicago had marks of 18.8 and 0.438, respectively.
Indiana figures to have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Pacers rank eighth in offensive efficiency, while Milwaukee ranks 24th in defensive efficiency.
Of Milwaukee’s 38 games, 24 have finished over the O/U total, while 21 of Indiana’s 39 games have finished under the O/U total. Both teams have decent straight up (SU) records (21-17 for Milwaukee; 20-19 for Indiana), but the Pacers have the advantage against the spread (ATS). Indiana is 21-18 ATS, while the Bucks are 18-15-5.
Cory Joseph has really been playing well over the last five games for Indiana, averaging 9.8 points and 4.4 assists per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to score 223 points in that game, which was over the projected point total of 208.5. The Bucks won 122-101, covering as 8-point favorites. Milwaukee did a terrific job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (25-28; 89.3 percent). Indiana, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (13.2 vs. 15.5). Antetokounmpo scored a game-high 31 points.
Milwaukee Bucks vs. Indiana Pacers Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Pacers, ATS Winner – Bucks, O/U – Under
- The Pacers rank 16th in second chance points per game (12.2) while the Bucks rank 29th (9.7).
- Milwaukee ranks fourth in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.6) while Indiana ranks eighth (15.1).
- Milwaukee ranks ninth in assists per game (23.0) while Indiana ranks 21st in assists allowed per game (23.9).
- Neither of these teams shoot many threes. Indiana is 25th in the league with 25.2 three pointers per game while Milwaukee is 26th with 24.4 threes per game.
- Indiana is 11-10 ATS at home, while Milwaukee is 10-6-2 ATS on the road.
- In 18 road games, the Bucks have 12 overs, 5 unders and 1 push.
- Of the Pacers 21 home games, they have 13 unders, 7 overs and 1 push.
- Indiana is 10-1 when they allow below 100 points, while Milwaukee is 8-2.
- The Bucks are 17-11 when they reach the century mark, while the Pacers are 18-8.
- The Pacers rank 22nd in rebounds per game (41.8) while the Bucks rank last (38.5).
- Milwaukee ranks second in blocks allowed per game (3.8) while Indiana ranks 24th (5.3).
- The Bucks average 47.6 points in the paint per game, which ranks fifth in the league. The Pacers rank 25th in points allowed in the paint per game (46.8).
- The Pacers allow the fourth-fewest steals per game (6.8) while the Bucks rank fifth (6.8).
- Milwaukee ranks first in fast break points allowed per game (7.3) while Indiana ranks 15th (11.1).
- Indiana is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games. ,
- Over their last five games, Milwaukee is 4-1 ATS with 3 overs, 1 under and 1 push.
- The Pacers have been outscored by an average of 3.0 points in their last five games. On the season, Indiana has defeated opponents by an average of 0.4 points.