The Dallas Mavericks (2-14) can end a five-game home losing streak when they square off against the Milwaukee Bucks (8-6) at American Airlines Center. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 205 points with Milwaukee opening as a 7.5-point favorite. Action begins at 9 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 18, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports Net Wisconsin.
Milwaukee Bucks vs. Dallas Mavericks Betting Preview
In the Bucks last game, they beat the Detroit Pistons, 99-95. Khris Middleton was Milwaukee’s leading scorer with 27 points on 12-for-21 shooting. Milwaukee’s 0.538 effective field goal percentage was their biggest strength over Detroit, who had a rate of 0.441. The Bucks mark was below their season average of 0.543, while the Pistons was below their season average of 0.525.
The Mavericks are trying to rebound after their 111-87 loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves in their last outing. Harrison Barnes led Dallas in scoring with 18 points on 6-for-16 shooting. Minnesota’s 0.238 free throw rate was their largest advantage over Dallas, who had a rate of 0.174. The Timberwolves mark was below their season average of 0.243.
The elite offense of Milwaukee (fourth in the NBA with an effective field goal percentage 0.543) will square off against the porous defense of Dallas (30th in effective field goal percentage allowed 0.543). The Bucks should have the advantage on that end of the court.
Of Milwaukee’s 14 games, seven have finished over the projected point total, while 7 of Dallas 15 games have finished over the projected point total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Bucks have a clear advantage. They are 8-6 SU and 6-6-2 ATS, while the Mavericks are 2-14 SU and 4-11 ATS.
Barnes has been impressive over the last five games for Dallas, averaging 21.8 points and 9.2 rebounds per game.
This is the first time these teams will battle this year. The Mavericks won both contests played against each other last season. In the most recent game, Dallas won 109-105. Dallas did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (19-20; 95.0 percent). Milwaukee, on the other hand, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (13.3 vs. 12.1).
Milwaukee Bucks vs. Dallas Mavericks Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Bucks, ATS Winner – Mavericks, O/U – Under
- The Bucks rank sixth in steals allowed per game (7.4) while the Mavericks rank 25th (8.8).
- Milwaukee ranks fifth in assists per game (24.2) while Dallas ranks 24th (20.2).
- Milwaukee ranks sixth in blocks per game (5.5) while Dallas ranks 25th (3.7).
- Milwaukee ranks 19th in points off turnovers per game (16.4) while Dallas ranks 28th (14.5).
- Dallas is 2-6 ATS at home, while Milwaukee is 3-2-1 ATS on the road.
- The Bucks have 4 overs and 2 unders in 6 road games.
- In 8 home games, the Mavericks have 4 overs, 3 unders and 1 push.
- In games where they hold opponents under 100 points, Dallas is 2-4 and Milwaukee is 4-1.
- The Bucks are 5-2 when they reach 100 points, while the Mavericks are 2-4.
- The Bucks rank eighth in rebounds allowed per game (42.2) while the Mavericks rank 27th (46.5).
- Milwaukee ranks first in fast break points allowed per game (6.3) while Dallas ranks 25th (12.4).
- The Bucks rank sixth in points in the paint per game (46.9) while the Mavericks rank 29th (35.1).
- The Mavericks rank 18th in second chance points per game (11.1) while the Bucks rank 28th (8.1).
- Dallas ranks second in three pointers attempted per game (33.3) while Milwaukee ranks 22nd (25.6).
- Dallas is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Milwaukee is 3-1-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Mavericks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.2, down from 9.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bucks have scored an average of 104.0 points per game (0.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 99.8 points per game (4.6 below their season average).