The NBA’s top scoring team will be on the road at Barclays Center, when the Milwaukee Bucks (57-20) go head-to-head with the Brooklyn Nets (39-38). The game can be seen on YES Network at 7:30 p.m. ET on Monday, April 1, 2019.
Milwaukee Bucks vs. Brooklyn Nets Betting Odds
Both teams covered in their last matchup. The Nets (4.5-point favorites) beat the Boston Celtics, 110-96, while the Bucks (10-point underdogs) fell to the Atlanta Hawks, 136-135. The Brooklyn game finished 16.5 points under the projected point total of 222.5, while the Milwaukee game finished 40 points over the projected point total of 231.
Brooklyn dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.2 (better than their season average of 12.5) and a free throw rate of 0.265 (above their season average of 0.214). For those same stats, Boston recorded marks of 13.9 and 0.217, respectively. Milwaukee, on the other hand, did a great job of making free throws (22-23; 95.7 percent). Brooklyn received a boost from D’Angelo Russell, who put up 29 points and 10 assists. Tim Frazier, meanwhile played well for Milwaukee, finishing with 20 points, 15 assists and seven rebounds.
In their two matchups this season, the Bucks have won both. In their most recent game, the two teams combined to score 207 points, well under the projected point total of 230. Milwaukee won 113-94, covering as a 7.5-point favorite. The Bucks’ turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Nets. Milwaukee had a rate of 7.4, while Brooklyn posted a mark of 10.2. Giannis Antetokounmpo put up a double-double in the victory with 30 points and 15 rebounds.
Of the Bucks’ 76 games that accepted bets, 40 have finished under the O/U total. Milwaukee comes into the game with records of 57-20 straight up (SU) and 45-28-3 against the spread (ATS).
A little over half of Nets games have finished over the projected point total. Further, Brooklyn owns records of 39-38 SU and 42-35 ATS.
The Bucks’ Brook Lopez has been playing at a high level over his last five games, averaging 14 points,7.0 rebounds,1.2 blocks per game. Meanwhile, Russell has averaged 30 points,10.2 assists,2.2 steals during that same time frame for the Nets.
Brooklyn might struggle to put up points as they face off against one of the NBA’s best defenses. Milwaukee ranks first in defensive efficiency, while the Nets rank 18th in offensive efficiency.
Milwaukee Bucks at Brooklyn Nets Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Nets, ATS Winner – Nets, O/U – Under
- The Bucks rank first in fast break points allowed per game (10.6) while the Nets rank third (11.4).
- Milwaukee ranks second in blocks per game (5.9) while Brooklyn ranks 27th (4.2).
- The Bucks rank second in points allowed in the paint per game (42.3) while the Nets rank 25th (51.2).
- Milwaukee ranks sixth in second chance points allowed per game (12.3) while Brooklyn ranks 28th (14.6).
- Milwaukee ranks fifth in steals allowed per game (6.9) while Brooklyn ranks 18th (7.7).
- The Bucks average 49.8 rebounds per game, which ranks first in the NBA. The Nets rank 25th in rebounds allowed per game (46.4).
- The Bucks rank second in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.4) while the Nets rank 23rd (17.5).
- Brooklyn ranks fifth in three pointers attempted per game (35.7) while Milwaukee ranks 28th in three pointers allowed per game (35.7).
- In games where they allow less than 100 points, Milwaukee is 20-1 and Brooklyn is 11-1.
- When reaching 100 points, the Nets are 38-26 and the Bucks are 56-16.
- Brooklyn is 19-19 ATS at home, while Milwaukee is 22-14-2 ATS on the road.
- The Bucks have 21 unders and 17 overs in 38 road games.
- The Nets have 19 overs and 19 unders in 38 home games.
- The Nets are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Bucks are 3-1-1.
- In their last five games, Brooklyn has 3 overs and 2 unders, while Milwaukee has 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Nets have outscored opponents by an average of 0.8 points in their last five games. On the season, Brooklyn has lost by an average of 0.3 points.
- During their last five games, the Bucks have scored an average of 122.8 points per game (5.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 108.0 points per game (0.4 below their season average).