The Milwaukee Bucks (2-1) and their phenomenal offense visit Boston as 2-point favorites to play the Celtics (2-1) and their exceptional defense. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 223 points and it can be seen on ESPN at 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, October 30, 2019.
Milwaukee Bucks vs. Boston Celtics Betting Odds
Both teams covered as favorites in their last game. The Celtics (5-point favorites) defeated the New York Knicks 118-95, while the Bucks (15.5-point favorites) beat the Cleveland Cavaliers 129-112. The Boston game went 6 points under the projected point total of 219, while the Milwaukee game finished 16.5 points over the projected point total of 224.5.
The Bucks had a better free throw rate (0.174 vs. 0.100) and had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.614 vs. 0.510). Meanwhile, Boston’s turnover percentage was their largest advantage over New York. The Celtics had a rate of 10.2, while the Knicks posted a mark of 19.2. Boston’s Kemba Walker led the way, putting up 32 points and six rebounds. Milwaukee was lifted by George Hill, who finished with 19 points and eight rebounds.
The Bucks took this series last year, winning six out of eight games. In the last contest, Milwaukee won 116-91. Milwaukee’s 0.527 effective field goal percentage was its biggest advantage over Boston, who had a mark of 0.349.
The Bucks have had a respectable 62-23 straight up (SU) record since last season, but are just 39-48-5 against the spread (ATS). Games involving Milwaukee have had a tendency to go over the O/U total since last season (57.6 percent).
The Celtics, meanwhile, have records of 51-34 SU and 62-38-4 ATS since last season. A little over half of Boston’s games have finished over the projected point total over that same stretch.
This contest figures to be low-scoring as a pair of the league’s premier defenses face off. Since last season, Boston ranks fourth in defensive efficiency (105.0) and Milwaukee is first (103.0).
Milwaukee Bucks at Boston Celtics Free Pick
NBA Tip: SU Winner – Bucks, ATS Winner – Bucks, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- The Celtics average 25.6 assists per game, which ranks ninth in the league. The Bucks rank 16th in assists allowed per game (24.5).
- Boston ranks sixth in three pointers attempted per game (34.4) while Milwaukee ranks last in three pointers allowed per game (36.5).
- The Celtics rank fifth in points off turnovers per game (17.9) while the Bucks rank 16th (16.3).
- Milwaukee ranks second in fast break points allowed per game (11.6) while Boston ranks 13th (13.6).
- Milwaukee ranks fourth in second chance points allowed per game (11.9) while Boston ranks 13th (13.4).
- The Bucks rank third in points in the paint per game (52.1) while the Celtics rank 26th (43.9).
- The Celtics rank second in blocks allowed per game (4.0) while the Bucks rank 12th (4.8).
- Boston is second in the NBA with 6.8 steals allowed per game while Milwaukee is third with 6.8 steals allowed per game.
- Milwaukee ranks first in rebounds per game (50.1) while Boston ranks 23rd in rebounds allowed per game (46.2).
- Milwaukee is 23-1 when they allow under 100 points, while Boston is 21-4.
- The Bucks are 71-21 when they score over 100 points, while the Celtics are 54-27.