The Milwaukee Bucks (32-25) will attempt to put an end to the seven-game winning streak of Toronto when they travel to Air Canada Centre to square off against the Raptors (41-16). Toronto opened as an 8.5-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 215 points. Action begins at 7:30 p.m. ET on Friday, February 23, 2018, and it can be seen on The Sports Network.
Milwaukee Bucks at Toronto Raptors Betting Preview
The Bucks fell to the Denver Nuggets in their last contest, 134-123. Milwaukee’s Giannis Antetokounmpo had a big performance, racking up 36 points, 13 assists and 11 rebounds on his way to his zeroth triple-double of the season. Denver was lights out from beyond the arc (24-40; 60.0 percent). Milwaukee, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 29.7 (above their season average of 19.4).
In the Raptors’ last game, they blew out the Chicago Bulls, 122-98. Toronto was lifted by Kyle Lowry, who contributed 20 points, 10 assists and seven rebounds. The Raptors held the Bulls to an offensive rebounding percentage of 8.2 (below their season average of 19.9) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.598 (above their season average of 0.535).
Based on historical performance heading into this one, ball security could play a significant role in this showdown. Toronto commits the fourth-fewest miscues in the league (turnover percentage of 12.6 percent), while the pesky defense of Milwaukee forces the fifth-most (opponents’ turnover percentage of 15.0 percent). Moreover, the Bucks are among the league’s best at getting to the line, ranking fifth in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.224). The Raptors, meanhwile, rank 26th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.217).
Of Milwaukee’s 57 games, 28 have finished over the O/U total, while 30 of Toronto’s 57 games have finished over the projected point total. The Raptors come into this game with much better straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 41-16 SU and 32-25 ATS, while the Bucks are 32-25 SU and 25-27-5 ATS.
Both teams have had a player heat up over their last five games. For the Bucks, it’s been Eric Bledsoe, who has averaged 20.4 points, 7.4 assists and 1.6 steals, while the Raptors have gotten solid contributions from Fred VanVleet (10.6 points, 6.4 assists and 1.8 steals).
These two teams have already met twice this season, with the Raptors winning both. In the most recent game, Jonas Valanciunas had 20 points and 13 rebounds and the Raptors, who were 1-point underdogs, defeated the Bucks 129-110. The two teams combined for 239 points, which was 22 points above the projected point total of 217 points. The Raptors played a nearly perfect game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 34.3 and a turnover percentage of 10.1. For those same stats, the Bucks were 13.9 and 10.9, respectively.
Milwaukee Bucks vs. Toronto Raptors Prediction
Free NBA Tip: SU Winner – Raptors, ATS Winner – Raptors, O/U – Over
- The Raptors rank 15th in rebounds per game (43.6) while the Bucks rank last (39.3).
- Toronto averages 18.4 points off turnovers per game, which ranks second in the league. Milwaukee ranks seventh in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.9).
- Toronto averages 48.4 points in the paint per game, which ranks fifth in the league. Milwaukee ranks 19th in points allowed in the paint per game (45.4).
- Milwaukee ranks fifth in steals per game (8.4) while Toronto ranks ninth (8.2).
- Milwaukee is 15-11-2 ATS on the road, while Toronto is 16-12 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 14 of the Bucks’ 28 road games, while 15 of the Raptors’ 28 home games have gone under.
- When allowing below 100 points, Toronto is 19-5 and Milwaukee is 16-4.
- In games where they score over 100 points, the Raptors are 38-9 and the Bucks are 26-13.
- The Bucks rank first in fast break points allowed per game (8.2) while the Raptors rank 15th (11.7).
- Toronto ranks fourth in three pointers attempted per game (32.4) while Milwaukee ranks 26th (24.5).
- The Raptors rank 13th in second chance points per game (12.7) while the Bucks rank last (10.1).
- The Raptors rank 10th in assists per game (23.5) while the Bucks rank 15th in assists allowed per game (23.1).
- Milwaukee ranks third in blocks allowed per game (4.1) while Toronto ranks 18th (5.0).
- Toronto is 4-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Milwaukee is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Raptors’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 18.4, up from 8.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bucks have scored an average of 103.8 points per game (0.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 102.0 points per game (2.6 below their season average).