The Toronto Raptors (42-15), 1.5-point underdogs, will try to slow down the Milwaukee Bucks (49-8) at Scotiabank Arena. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 231 points and it will air on TNT at 7:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 25, 2020.
Milwaukee Bucks vs. Toronto Raptors Betting Odds
Both teams covered in their last outing. The Raptors (5-point favorites) defeated the Indiana Pacers 127-81, while the Bucks (9.5-point underdog) beat the Washington Wizards 137-134. The Toronto game finished 12 points under the projected point total of 220, while the Milwaukee game went 43.5 points over the projected point total of 227.5.
The Bucks had an absurd effective field goal percentage of 0.669 (above their season average of 0.557) and had a free throw rate of 0.256 (above their season average of 0.196). The Raptors, on the other hand, had an extraordinary effective field goal percentage of 0.603 (above their season average of 0.538), while the Pacers had a free throw rate of 0.116 (below their season average of 0.172). Toronto was led by Kyle Lowry, who recorded 16 points, 11 assists and seven rebounds. Meanwhile, Khris Middleton played well for Milwaukee, contributing 40 points, five rebounds and five assists.
In their first matchup this season, Giannis Antetokounmpo led the Bucks to a 115-105 victory. He recorded a double-double with 36 points and 15 rebounds. The two teams combined for 220 points, which was under the projected point total of 227, and Milwaukee covered as a 7-point favorite. The Bucks’ 22.2 offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest strength over the Raptors, who had a rate of 14.6.
Vegas is extremely precise when setting the O/U total of Bucks games, with an even split between overs and unders. Milwaukee heads into the contest with records of 49-8 straight up (SU) and 33-23 against the spread (ATS).
Of the Raptors’ 57 games, 30 have finished over the total. Further, Toronto owns records of 42-15 SU and 32-24-1 ATS.
This meeting figures to be low-scoring as two of the league’s top defenses square off. Toronto ranks second in defensive efficiency (102.6) and Milwaukee is first (100.4).
Milwaukee Bucks vs. Toronto Raptors ATS Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Bucks, ATS Winner – Bucks, O/U – Over
- The Bucks rank fourth in points in the paint per game (50.6) while the Raptors rank 15th (48.1).
- Milwaukee ranks fourth in three pointers attempted per game (38.4) while Toronto ranks 29th in three pointers allowed per game (38.4).
- The Bucks average 26.2 assists per game, which ranks fifth in the league. The Raptors rank 23rd in assists allowed per game (25.3).
- Toronto ranks second in steals per game (8.8) while Milwaukee ranks 19th (7.4).
- Toronto ranks first in fast break points per game (19.2) while Milwaukee ranks 16th in fast break points allowed per game (13.4).
- The Bucks rank second in second chance points allowed per game (11.5) while the Raptors rank 27th (14.1).
- The Bucks average 6.2 blocks per game, which ranks third in the league. The Raptors rank 19th in blocks allowed per game (5.2).
- Toronto ranks second in points off turnovers per game (20.2) while Milwaukee ranks 11th (17.0).
- Milwaukee ranks first in rebounds per game (51.7) while Toronto ranks 23rd in rebounds allowed per game (46.3).
- Toronto is 14-3 when they allow less than 100 points, while Milwaukee is 13-0.
- When scoring over 100 points, the Bucks are 49-8 and the Raptors are 40-9.
- Milwaukee is 16-11 ATS on the road, while Toronto is 18-12 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 14 of the Bucks’ 27 road games, while 18 of the Raptors’ 30 home games have gone over.
- The Bucks are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Raptors are 3-2.
- In their last five games, Milwaukee has 3 overs and 2 unders, while Toronto has 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Bucks’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 9.8, down from 12.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Raptors have scored an average of 118.4 points per game (5.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 105.4 points per game (0.7 below their season average).