The Milwaukee Bucks (6-3) and their great offense visit Oklahoma City as 7-point favorites to take on the Thunder (4-5) and their tremendous defense. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 222.5 points and it can be seen on Fox SportsNet Oklahoma at 7 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 10, 2019.
Milwaukee Bucks at Oklahoma City Thunder Betting Odds
The Thunder hope to keep it rolling after covering the 4.5-point spread against the Golden State Warriors in their last matchup, 114-108. The Bucks, on the other hand, were defeated by the Utah Jazz, 103-100, and were not able to cover as 2-point underdogs. The Oklahoma City game finished 10.5 points over the projected point total of 211.5, while the Milwaukee game went 14.5 points under the projected point total of 217.5.
The Thunder held the Warriors to an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.6 (below their season average of 24.5) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.633 (above their season average of 0.509). Milwaukee, on the other hand, forced Utah into a turnover percentage of 17.1 (above the 11.7 mark opponents have averaged against Milwaukee this season). Chris Paul was a key piece for Oklahoma City with 16 points, nine assists and five rebounds. Giannis Antetokounmpo, meanwhile led the way for Milwaukee, putting up 30 points and 13 rebounds.
The Thunder dominated this series last year, securing victories in both games. In the most recent game, Oklahoma City won 127-116. Oklahoma City’s 0.601 effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over Milwaukee, who had a rate of 0.505.
Matchups involving the Bucks tend to finish over the O/U total (55.6 percent). Milwaukee holds records of 6-3 straight up (SU) and 5-4 against the spread (ATS).
Contrary to Milwaukee, games featuring the Thunder have typically gone under the projected point total (75.0 percent). Further, Oklahoma City owns records of 4-5 SU and 5-3 ATS.
The inefficient offense of Oklahoma City will clash against the elite defense of Milwaukee. Dating back to last season, the Thunder rank 24th in offensive efficiency, while the Bucks are second in defensive efficiency. The Bucks should have the edge on that side of the ball. It will also be a showdown of conflicting paces as the up-tempo Bucks rank fourth in possessions per game, while the slower-paced Thunder rank 24th.
Bucks vs. Thunder Odds Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Bucks, ATS Winner – Bucks, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- The Bucks rank first in points allowed in the paint per game (41.1) while the Thunder rank seventh (48.1).
- Milwaukee ranks third in fast break points per game (18.2) while Oklahoma City ranks 29th (17.3).
- The Bucks rank first in blocks allowed per game (4.7) while the Thunder rank 22nd (5.1).
- Milwaukee ranks first in rebounds per game (50.2) while Oklahoma City ranks 16th in rebounds allowed per game (45.7).
- Milwaukee averages 16.4 points off turnovers per game, which ranks sixth in the league. Oklahoma City ranks 15th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.2).
- The Bucks rank second in three pointers attempted per game (38.7) while the Thunder rank 25th (32.3).
- The Bucks rank first in steals allowed per game (6.7) while the Thunder rank 14th (8.1).
- Milwaukee ranks 23rd in assists per game (25.7) while Oklahoma City ranks 27th (23.1).
- Milwaukee ranks sixth in second chance points per game (12.3) while Oklahoma City ranks 28th (15.1).
- Milwaukee is 24-1 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Oklahoma City is 13-1.
- The Thunder are 50-29 when they reach the century mark, while the Bucks are 75-23.