The NBA’s top scoring team will be a 13-point favorite on the road at Little Caesars Arena, when the Milwaukee Bucks (46-8) challenge the Detroit Pistons (19-38). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 224.5 points and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Detroit at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 20, 2020.
Milwaukee Bucks vs. Detroit Pistons ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last game. The Pistons (6.5-point underdogs) were defeated by the Orlando Magic, 116-112, while the Bucks (1.5-point underdogs) fell to the Indiana Pacers, 118-111. Both games went over their projected point totals. The Detroit game went 19 points over the projected point total of 209, while the Milwaukee game finished 5 points over the projected point total of 224.
Milwaukee had a better offensive rebounding percentage (23.4 vs. 19.5) while Detroit was lights out from beyond the arc (18-45; 40.0 percent). Christian Wood played a pivotal role for Detroit with 26 points and 12 rebounds. Milwaukee was lifted by Donte DiVincenzo, who recorded 19 points and eight rebounds.
In their two matchups this season, the Bucks have won both. In their most recent game, the two teams combined for 230 points, which was over the projected point total of 223. Milwaukee won 127-103, covering as an 8.5-point favorite. Milwaukee was successful at getting to and converting from the free throw line. The Bucks made 25 of their 27 free throws (92.6 percent), while the Pistons were just 14-22 (63.6 percent). In the victory, Giannis Antetokounmpo led all scorers with 35 points.
Vegas has been spot on when setting the O/U total of Bucks games, with an even split between overs and unders. Milwaukee heads into the contest with records of 46-8 straight up (SU) and 31-23 against the spread (ATS).
Pistons games have a tendency to finish over the projected point total (59.6 percent). Further, Detroit owns records of 19-38 SU and 21-34-2 ATS.
The Bucks’ Khris Middleton has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 23 points,9.4 rebounds,6.2 assists,1.2 steals per game. Meanwhile, Wood has averaged 18 points,8.8 rebounds during that same time frame for the Pistons.
Detroit might have difficulty finding the bottom of the net as they face off against one of the NBA’s best defenses. Milwaukee ranks first in defensive efficiency while the Pistons rank 20th in offensive efficiency. This contest should be a showdown of opposite paces. The fast-breaking Bucks rank first in possessions per game, while the more methodical Pistons rank 23rd.
Bucks vs. Pistons Betting Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Bucks, ATS Winner – Bucks, O/U – Under
- The Bucks average 16.9 points off turnovers per game, which ranks 12th in the NBA. The Pistons rank 21st in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.5).
- Detroit ranks second in three pointers allowed per game (29.9) while Milwaukee ranks last (38.8).
- The Bucks rank first in points allowed in the paint per game (38.8) while the Pistons rank 25th (51.9).
- Milwaukee ranks first in fast break points per game (19.0) while Detroit ranks 24th (11.1).
- Milwaukee ranks seventh in assists per game (26.1) while Detroit ranks 19th in assists allowed per game (24.8).
- The Bucks rank first in rebounds per game (52.0) while the Pistons rank 29th (42.4).
- The Bucks rank first in second chance points allowed per game (11.4) while the Pistons rank 16th (13.3).
- Milwaukee ranks 20th in steals per game (7.4) while Detroit ranks 21st in steals allowed per game (8.0).
- Milwaukee ranks second in blocks per game (6.3) while Detroit ranks 27th in blocks allowed per game (5.7).
- When holding opponents below 100 points, Detroit is 4-3 and Milwaukee is 12-0.
- The Pistons are 18-26 when they reach 100 points, while the Bucks are 46-8.
- Milwaukee is 15-11 ATS on the road, while Detroit is 11-19 ATS at home.
- In 26 road games, the Bucks have 14 unders and 12 overs.
- Of the Pistons’ 30 home games, they have 20 overs, 9 unders and 1 push.
- In their last five games, Milwaukee and Detroit have both had 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Bucks are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Pistons are 3-2.
- The Bucks’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.8, down from 12.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Pistons have scored an average of 99.4 points per game (8.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 102.8 points per game (7.8 below their season average).