The Charlotte Hornets (4-3) will be at home in Spectrum Center when they go head-to-head with the Milwaukee Bucks (4-3). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 203 points with Charlotte set as a 3-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 1, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports Net Wisconsin.
Milwaukee Bucks vs. Charlotte Hornets Odds Preview
The Bucks lost big to the Oklahoma City Thunder, 110-91, in their last matchup. Milwaukee’s Giannis Antetokounmpo put together a good game, leading both teams in scoring with 28 points on 9-for-14 shooting. Oklahoma City had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (25.0 vs. 9.8). Milwaukee, on the other hand, did a great job of making free throws (18-22; 81.8 percent).
The Hornets hope to maintain momentum after beating the Memphis Grizzlies, 104-99, in their last matchup. With 27 points on 7-for-15 shooting, Kemba Walker was the top scorer from either team. The Hornets held the Grizzlies to an effective field goal percentage of 0.387 (below their season average of 0.509) and had a better offensive rebounding percentage (21.3 vs. 19.3).
Based on each team’s statistical profile, ball protection could play a significant role in this matchup. Since the 2016-17 season, Charlotte has committed the fewest miscues in the league (turnover percentage of 11.4 percent), while the gambling defense of Milwaukee has forced the fifth-most (opponents’ turnover percentage of 14.5 percent). Furthermore, second chance points figure to be tough to come by for the Bucks. They rank 26th in the league in offensive rebounding percentage at 20.8 percent, while the Hornets have been second-best on the defensive glass (defensive rebounding percentage of 79.8 percent).
Milwaukee games have gone over 57.1 percent of the time, while 71.4 percent of games including Charlotte have finished under. Both teams have decent straight up (SU) records (4-3 for Milwaukee; 4-3 for Charlotte), but the Hornets have the advantage against the spread (ATS). Charlotte is 4-3 ATS, while the Bucks are 3-2-1.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined for 203 points in that game, which was just under the projected point total of 204. The Bucks won 107-96, covering as 7-point favorites. The Hornets played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.225 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.4. For those same stats, the Bucks were 0.163 and 20.0, respectively. Antetokounmpo had a double-double in the loss with 32 points and 14 rebounds.
Milwaukee Bucks at Charlotte Hornets Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Bucks, ATS Winner – Bucks, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bucks rank seventh in blocks per game (5.2) while the Hornets rank 27th in blocks allowed per game (5.4).
- Milwaukee ranks 12th in fast break points per game (13.2) while Charlotte ranks 28th (9.4).
- Charlotte ranks ninth in rebounds per game (44.2) while Milwaukee ranks 29th (40.0).
- Charlotte ranks 21st in second chance points per game (11.7) while Milwaukee ranks 29th (10.5).
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Charlotte is 23-4 and Milwaukee is 27-7.
- When scoring above 100 points, the Bucks are 39-18 and the Hornets are 33-27.
- The Bucks rank 11th in steals per game (8.1) while the Hornets rank 29th (6.8).
- Milwaukee ranks fourth in points in the paint per game (47.9) while Charlotte ranks 28th (39.9).
- The Bucks average 23.9 assists per game, which ranks fifth in the league. The Hornets rank 28th in assists allowed per game (24.3).
- The Hornets average 28.5 three pointers per game, which ranks ninth in the league. The Bucks rank 20th in three pointers allowed per game (27.9).
- Milwaukee ranks fifth in points off turnovers per game (17.5) while Charlotte ranks 26th (14.8).