The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders (4-14, 0-5 CUSA) head to Ocean Bank Convocation Center to take on the FIU Panthers (12-6, 3-2 CUSA). The Blue Raiders look to put an end to their nine-game losing streak. The game begins at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 18, 2020.
Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders at FIU Panthers Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Panthers had no trouble getting past the UAB Blazers, 93-68, while the Blue Raiders lost a close one to the Florida Atlantic Owls, 97-94.
FIU dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.167 (matching their season average) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.778 (above their season average of 0.539). For those same stats, UAB had marks of 0.058 and 0.464, respectively. Middle Tennessee, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (31.8 vs. 26.3). Trejon Jacob had a solid game for FIU with 21 points. Jayce Johnson led the way for Middle Tennessee, recording 22 points and seven rebounds.
The Panthers won the only game between these two teams last year, 83-76. FIU had a much better turnover percentage (12.1 vs. 22.1). Middle Tennessee, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (34.9 vs. 7.7). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
FIU could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their sharp-shooting offense goes up against one of the worst defenses in the NCAA. The Panthers rank 22nd in effective field goal percentage (0.550), while Middle Tennessee ranks 313th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.532).
Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders vs. FIU Panthers Free Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – FIU, ATS Winner – FIU, O/U – Over
- FIU ranks 21st in assists per game (16.2) while Middle Tennessee ranks 210th in assists allowed per game (14.7).
- The Blue Raiders average 24.6 three pointers per game, which ranks 69th in the nation. The Panthers rank 189th in three pointers allowed per game (23.4).
- FIU ranks third in blocks per game (6.9) while Middle Tennessee ranks 92nd (3.4).
- The Panthers average 9.8 steals per game, which ranks seventh in the nation. The Blue Raiders rank 144th in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- Middle Tennessee averages 35.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 147th in the country. FIU ranks 276th in rebounds allowed per game (41.3).
- The Panthers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.4, down from 7.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Blue Raiders have scored an average of 68.8 points per game (3.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 76.6 points per game (0.0 below their season average).