The Belmont Bruins (1-0) and their outstanding offense welcome the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders (2-0) and their exceptional defense. The game gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Monday, November 12, 2018.
Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders at Belmont Bruins Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Bruins beat the Illinois State Redbirds 100-89, while the Blue Raiders had no trouble getting past the Milligan Buffaloes 102-70.
Middle Tennessee played a flawless game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 41.9 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.584. Milligan recorded marks of 19.1 and 0.442, respectively, for those same stats. Belmont, meanwhile, played a perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.169 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 30.6. For those same stats, Illinois State had marks of 0.083 and 21.1, respectively. Belmont was led by Grayson Murphy, who contributed 13 points, 10 assists and eight rebounds. Karl Gamble had a solid performance for Middle Tennessee, finishing with 16 points and 12 rebounds.
The Bruins won the only contest between these two teams last season, 69-63. Belmont did a great job of converting from the free throw line (11-13; 84.6 percent). Middle Tennessee, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (15.2 vs. 22.5).
This battle pits one of the nation’s top offenses against one of its elite defenses. Belmont ranks 21st in offensive efficiency and Middle Tennessee is 28th in defensive efficiency since the 2017-18 season.
Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders vs. Belmont Bruins ATS Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Belmont, ATS Winner – Belmont, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Belmont ranks fifth in three pointers attempted per game (30.6) while Middle Tennessee ranks 251st (19.7).
- The Blue Raiders rank 10th in rebounds allowed per game (30.5) while the Bruins rank 51st (32.4).
- Middle Tennessee ranks 30th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while Belmont ranks 70th (2.9).
- The Blue Raiders rank 148th in steals per game (6.2) while the Bruins rank 258th (4.9).
- Belmont ranks 27th in assists per game (16.3) while Middle Tennessee ranks 114th (14.3).