The Auburn Tigers (8-1) and the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders (7-1) battle at Legacy Arena. Tip-off is scheduled for 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 16, 2017, and it can be seen on SEC Network.
Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders vs. Auburn Tigers Free Preview
In the Blue Raiders last contest, they had no trouble getting past the Ole Miss Rebels, 77-58. With 20 points and five rebounds, Middle Tennessee’s Brandon Walters had a good performance. Middle Tennessee played a nearly perfect game. They had a ridiculously low turnover percentage of 8.3 (better than their season average of 15.8) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.1 (below their season average of 34.4). Ole Miss was 16.3 and 16.1, respectively, for those same stats.
The Tigers hope to keep it rolling after defeating the UAB Blazers in their last game, 85-80. With 27 points on 8-for-14 shooting, Bryce Brown was the games high scorer. Auburn played a nearly flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 38.9 (below their season average of 39.5) and a turnover percentage of 11.1 (better than their season average of 15.9). For those same stats, UAB was 30.0 and 11.9, respectively.
Conflicting styles will be on display in this battle. Dating back to last season, Auburn has preferred to play quickly (36th in possessions per game), while Middle Tennessee has been slower-paced (320th in possessions per game).
Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders vs. Auburn Tigers Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Middle Tennessee, ATS Winner – Middle Tennessee, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Blue Raiders rank 30th in assists allowed per game (11.2) while the Tigers rank 137th (13.6).
- Middle Tennessee ranks 17th in steals allowed per game (4.8) while Auburn ranks 116th (6.4).
- Auburn ranks 57th in three pointers attempted per game (24.9) while Middle Tennessee ranks 246th (17.6).
- The Blue Raiders rank 18th in rebounds allowed per game (30.3) while the Tigers rank 201st (37.3).
- Auburn ranks 24th in blocks per game (5.3) while Middle Tennessee ranks 148th (2.8).