The Murray State Racers (4-4) will be at home in the CFSB Center when they square off against the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders (4-5). Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 7, 2019.
Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders vs. Murray State Racers Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Racers lost a winnable game to the Missouri State Bears, 71-69, while the Blue Raiders had no trouble getting past the Columbia International Rams, 86-38.
Middle Tennessee played a perfect game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 48.6 (above their season average of 26.8) and a turnover percentage of 9.9 (better than their season average of 16.9). Columbia International recorded marks of 10.5 and 20.6, respectively, for those same stats. Murray State, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 12.2 (better than their season average of 18.1). Anthony Smith played well for Murray State with 12 points and 10 rebounds. Meanwhile, Antonio Green led the way for Middle Tennessee, recording 22 points.
The Racers won the lone game between these two teams last season, 64-42. Murray State’s effective field goal percentage was its biggest strength over Middle Tennessee. The Racers had a rate of 0.528 while the Blue Raiders posted a mark of 0.313.
Murray State could have their way on the defensive side of the ball as they go head-to-head against one of the country’s worst offenses. Dating back to last season, the Racers rank 52nd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.465), while Middle Tennessee is 265th in effective field goal percentage (0.487).
Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders vs. Murray State Racers ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Murray State, ATS Winner – Murray State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Murray State ranks 10th in assists per game (17.0) while Middle Tennessee ranks 227th (12.2).
- The Racers average 37.7 rebounds per game, which ranks 77th in the nation. The Blue Raiders rank 169th in rebounds allowed per game (35.1).
- Murray State ranks 52nd in blocks per game (4.3) while Middle Tennessee ranks 90th in blocks allowed per game (3.0).
- The Racers average 7.2 steals per game, which ranks 80th in the nation. The Blue Raiders rank 243rd in steals allowed per game (7.5).
- Murray State ranks 136th in three pointers allowed per game (21.7) while Middle Tennessee ranks 246th (23.9).