The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders (3-13, 0-3 CUSA) visit Thomas Assembly Center to challenge the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs (12-5, 2-2 CUSA). The Blue Raiders look to snap their 12-game losing streak. Action gets underway at 5 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 12, 2019.
Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders vs. Louisiana Tech Bulldogs Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Bulldogs defeated the UAB Blazers, 64-53, while the Blue Raiders were beaten by the Southern Miss Golden Eagles, 77-70.
Louisiana Tech played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.103 (matching their season average) and a turnover percentage of 10.0 (better than their season average of 14.7). For those same stats, UAB was 0.054 and 18.3, respectively. Middle Tennessee, meanwhile, did a terrific job of making free throws (13-18; 72.2 percent). JaColby Pemberton played a key role for Louisiana Tech with 17 points and nine rebounds. Meanwhile, Donovan Sims led the way for Middle Tennessee, contributing 28 points.
The Blue Raiders dominated this series last year, taking both contests. In the last game, Middle Tennessee won 87-70. Middle Tennessee out-rebounded Louisiana Tech. The Blue Raiders had more offensive rebounds (18 vs. 11), defensive rebounds (26 vs. 14) and total rebounds (44 vs. 25). This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
Pemberton has been playing at a high level as of late for Louisiana Tech, averaging 13 points,6.6 rebounds over the last five games.
Louisiana Tech could put on a ball-control clinic in this meeting. Louisiana Tech ranks 59th in the country at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.9 percent), while Middle Tennessee forces the 99th-fewest turnovers (18.2 percent).
Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders vs. Louisiana Tech Bulldogs ATS Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Louisiana Tech, ATS Winner – Middle Tennessee, O/U – Under
- Louisiana Tech ranks 102nd in assists per game (14.4) while Middle Tennessee ranks 247th (9.8).
- The Bulldogs average 36.9 rebounds per game, which ranks 104th in the country. The Blue Raiders rank 169th in rebounds allowed per game (36.2).
- Louisiana Tech ranks 67th in blocks per game (4.1) while Middle Tennessee ranks 104th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- The Bulldogs rank 38th in steals allowed per game (5.3) while the Blue Raiders rank 180th (8.6).
- Louisiana Tech ranks 132nd in three pointers attempted per game (22.9) while Middle Tennessee ranks 271st (16.9).
- During their last five games, the Blue Raiders have scored an average of 63.6 points per game (1.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 73.8 points per game (1.8 below their season average).
- The Bulldogs’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.0, down from 7.5 for the season.