The Michigan Wolverines (17-9, 8-7 Big 10) will be at Mackey Arena to square off against the Purdue Boilermakers (14-13, 7-9 Big 10) in a Big 10 matchup. The game can be seen on ESPN at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Michigan Wolverines at Purdue Boilermakers ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Boilermakers fell to the Wisconsin Badgers, 69-65, while the Wolverines beat the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, 60-52.
The Wolverines had a solid free throw rate of 0.255 (above their season average of 0.191) and held the Scarlet Knights to an effective field goal percentage of 0.373 (below their season average of 0.495). Purdue, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 43.9 (above their season average of 34.5). Trevion Williams played a pivotal role for Purdue with 17 points and 12 rebounds. Zavier Simpson, meanwhile had a solid performance for Michigan, recording 16 points, six rebounds and five assists.
In their first matchup this season, Jon Teske led the Wolverines to an 84-78 victory. He put up 18 points and nine rebounds. The Wolverines’ 10.5 turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Boilermakers, who had a mark of 15.9.
Points at the line might be scarce for Purdue in this battle. The Boilermakers rank 341st in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.169, while Michigan ranks 35th in FTA rate allowed (0.175).
Michigan Wolverines vs. Purdue Boilermakers ATS Pick
Free Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Purdue, ATS Winner – Michigan, O/U – Under
- Michigan ranks 12th in three pointers allowed per game (17.0) while Purdue ranks 168th (22.3).
- The Wolverines rank 23rd in blocks per game (4.7) while the Boilermakers rank 138th in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- Michigan ranks 12th in steals allowed per game (4.8) while Purdue ranks 18th (5.0).
- The Wolverines rank 20th in assists allowed per game (10.1) while the Boilermakers rank 164th (13.0).
- Purdue ranks 44th in rebounds allowed per game (32.2) while Michigan ranks 164th (35.3).
- The Boilermakers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.2, down from 6.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Wolverines have scored an average of 72.6 points per game (3.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 60.0 points per game (7.5 below their season average).