The LSU Tigers (2-0) and the Michigan Wolverines (3-0) clash in the Maui Invitational at Lahaina Civic Center. Action starts at 11:30 p.m. ET on Monday, November 20, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
Michigan Wolverines vs. LSU Tigers Betting Preview
The Wolverines defeated the Southern Miss Golden Eagles in their last outing, 61-47. With 10 points and 11 rebounds, Michigans Jon Teske put together a good outing. Michigan dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.149 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 32.0. For those same stats, Southern Miss was 0.020 and 20.0, respectively.
In the Tigers last game, they blew out the Samford Bulldogs, 105-86. Brandon Sampson played a key role for LSU with 20 points, eight rebounds and seven assists. LSU played a perfect game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.292 and a turnover percentage of 10.9. For those same stats, Samford had marks of 0.143 and 17.9, respectively.
It will be a showdown of conflicting styles as the fast-breaking Tigers will look to push the more grind-it-out Wolverines. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Tigers rank 60th in possessions per game while the Wolverines are 342nd. Furthermore, the 10th-ranked offense of the Wolverines (offensive efficiency of 117.5) will go head-to-head against the 340th-ranked defense of the Tigers (defensive efficiency of 114.3).
Michigan Wolverines vs. LSU Tigers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – LSU, ATS Winner – LSU, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Wolverines rank 25th in rebounds allowed per game (31.7) while the Tigers rank 206th (36.2).
- Michigan ranks 19th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while LSU ranks 154th (3.5).
- Michigan ranks fifth in three pointers allowed per game (15.7) while LSU ranks 263rd (23.5).
- The Wolverines rank 48th in assists allowed per game (11.5) while the Tigers rank 288th (15.3).
- Michigan ranks fourth in steals allowed per game (4.2) while LSU ranks 227th (6.8).