The 19th-ranked Michigan Wolverines (18-10, 9-8 Big 10) and their outstanding offense visit Ohio State to play the 23rd-ranked Buckeyes (19-9, 9-8 Big 10) and their stifling defense. Action begins at 4 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 1, 2020.
Michigan Wolverines at Ohio State Buckeyes ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Buckeyes dismantled the Nebraska Cornhuskers, 75-54, while the Wolverines lost to the Wisconsin Badgers, 81-74.
Ohio State played a flawless game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.306 (above their season average of 0.271) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.8 (above their season average of 31.4). Nebraska recorded marks of 0.153 and 20.9, respectively, for those same stats. Michigan, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 7.0 (better than their season average of 13.9). Ohio State was lifted by Kaleb Wesson, who had 16 points and 18 rebounds. Zavier Simpson, meanwhile played a key role for Michigan with 32 points, six assists and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Wesson led the Buckeyes to a 61-58 win. He recorded a double-double with 23 points and 12 rebounds. Ohio State had a better turnover percentage (11.5 vs. 15.8). Michigan, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (31.6 vs. 14.3).
This meeting figures to be a high-scoring affair as two of the country’s top offenses clash. Ohio State currently ranks 47th with 109.2 points per 100 possessions and Michigan is 48th (109.1).
Michigan Wolverines at Ohio State Buckeyes Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Ohio State, ATS Winner – Ohio State, O/U – Over
- Michigan ranks 17th in three pointers allowed per game (17.2) while Ohio State ranks 161st (21.8).
- The Wolverines rank 27th in blocks per game (4.6) while the Buckeyes rank 85th (3.6).
- Michigan ranks 202nd in steals per game (5.4) while Ohio State ranks 229th (4.9).
- The Buckeyes rank 33rd in rebounds allowed per game (31.6) while the Wolverines rank 163rd (35.5).
- Michigan ranks 47th in assists per game (14.7) while Ohio State ranks 107th (13.6).
- During their last five games, the Buckeyes have scored an average of 74.0 points per game (2.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 65.8 points per game (3.5 above their season average).
- The Wolverines’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 11.6, up from 7.6 for the season.