The 16th-ranked Michigan State Spartans (6-3) will go head-to-head against the Oakland Golden Grizzlies (5-5) at Little Caesars Arena. Action gets underway at 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 14, 2019, and can be seen on ESPN2.
Michigan State Spartans vs. Oakland Golden Grizzlies ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Golden Grizzlies lost a close one to the Bowling Green Falcons, 68-65, while the Spartans beat the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, 77-65.
Michigan State dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.400 (above their season average of 0.254) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.2 (below their season average of 35.6). For those same stats, Rutgers put up marks of 0.217 and 15.4, respectively. Oakland, on the other hand, held Bowling Green to an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.1 (below their season average of 28.2). Oakland was led by Xavier Hill-Mais, who had 22 points and 12 rebounds. Cassius Winston, meanwhile led the way for Michigan State, contributing 23 points and seven assists.
The Spartans won the only game between these two teams last year, 99-69. One of Michigan State’s biggest advantages was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 10-12 (83.3 percent), while the Golden Grizzlies were just 4-8 (50.0 percent).
The offense of Oakland will clash against the top-notch defense of Michigan State. Dating back to last season, the Golden Grizzlies rank 266th in offensive efficiency, while the Spartans are 91st in defensive efficiency. The Spartans should have the advantage on that side of the ball. Additionally, the Spartans rank 48th in turnover percentage (18.4 percent), while the Golden Grizzlies rank 316th in opponents’ turnover percentage (17.4 percent).
Michigan State Spartans vs. Oakland Golden Grizzlies Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Michigan State, ATS Winner – Michigan State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Michigan State ranks second in assists per game (18.4) while Oakland ranks 183rd (16.3).
- The Spartans rank 137th in steals per game (5.3) while the Golden Grizzlies rank 191st in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- Michigan State ranks 27th in rebounds per game (40.4) while Oakland ranks 53rd in rebounds allowed per game (35.0).
- The Spartans rank 121st in three pointers allowed per game (22.5) while the Golden Grizzlies rank 269th (24.0).
- Oakland ranks 14th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while Michigan State ranks 150th (3.2).