The Miami (OH) RedHawks (9-9, 1-4 MAC) will be at John E. Worthen Arena to challenge the Ball State Cardinals (11-7, 2-3 MAC) in a MAC matchup. The game begins at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 22, 2019.
Miami (OH) RedHawks vs. Ball State Cardinals Betting Odds
Both teams beat their last opponent. The Cardinals defeated the Central Michigan Chippewas 83-72, while the RedHawks beat the Akron Zips 68-61.
Miami (OH) dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.200 (below their season average of 0.217) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.1 (above their season average of 32.5). Akron put up marks of 0.115 and 21.1, respectively, for those same stats. The Cardinals, on the other hand, had an extraordinary effective field goal percentage of 0.615 (above their season average of 0.558), while the Chippewas had a turnover percentage of 18.4 (above their season average of 14.5). K.J. Walton had a good outing for Ball State with 24 points. Bam Bowman played well for Miami (OH), contributing 14 points and 10 rebounds.
The RedHawks won the sole contest between these two teams last year, 71-53. Miami (OH) did an excellent job of making free throws (16-19; 84.2 percent). Ball State, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (26.9 vs. 24.3). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Ball State could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their high-powered offense squares off against one of the worst defenses in the NCAA. The Cardinals currently rank 39th in offensive efficiency, while Miami (OH) ranks 257th in defensive efficiency.
Miami (OH) RedHawks vs. Ball State Cardinals Free Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Ball State, ATS Winner – Miami (OH), O/U – Over
- Miami (OH) ranks 33rd in three pointers attempted per game (26.8) while Ball State ranks 253rd (19.2).
- The RedHawks average 37.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 103rd in the country. The Cardinals rank 114th in rebounds allowed per game (34.3).
- The RedHawks rank 30th in steals allowed per game (5.2) while the Cardinals rank 99th (6.3).
- Miami (OH) ranks 13th in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while Ball State ranks 63rd (3.0).
- During their last five games, the Cardinals have scored an average of 74.8 points per game (7.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 73.8 points per game (0.7 above their season average).
- The RedHawks have been outscored by an average of 9.8 points in their last five games. For the season, Miami (OH) has defeated opponents by an average of 2.5 points.