The Akron Zips (20-6, 10-3 MAC) welcome the Miami (OH) RedHawks (10-15, 3-9 MAC) to James A. Rhodes Arena. The RedHawks can put an end to a nine-game road losing streak. The game starts at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Miami (OH) RedHawks at Akron Zips ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious over their last opponent. The Zips defeated the Western Michigan Broncos 71-67, while the RedHawks beat the Northern Illinois Huskies 65-60.
Miami (OH) played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.6 (better than their season average of 14.8) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.510 (above their season average of 0.493). Northern Illinois recorded marks of 12.8 and 0.443, respectively, for those same stats. Meanwhile, Akron played a nearly flawless game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.328 (above their season average of 0.256) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 32.5 (above their season average of 28.3). For those same stats, Western Michigan had marks of 0.031 and 27.0, respectively. Tyler Cheese had a good game for Akron, putting up 23 points and 11 rebounds. Miami (OH) was led by Isaiah Coleman-Lands, who had 15 points and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Xeyrius Williams led the Zips to an 81-60 victory. He recorded 19 points and seven rebounds. The Zips’ offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest advantage over the RedHawks. Akron had a rate of 31.0, while Miami (OH) posted a mark of 17.6.
The prolific offense of Akron will square off against the bottom-tier defense of Miami (OH). The Zips currently rank 50th in offensive efficiency, while the RedHawks are 283rd in defensive efficiency. The Zips figure to have the edge on that end of the court.
Miami (OH) vs. Akron Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Akron, ATS Winner – Akron, O/U – Over
- Akron averages 37.3 rebounds per game, which ranks 87th in the NCAA. Miami (OH) ranks 249th in rebounds allowed per game (37.6).
- The Zips rank 47th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while the RedHawks rank 104th (3.3).
- Akron ranks 12th in assists allowed per game (9.8) while Miami (OH) ranks 62nd (11.2).
- The Zips average 25.2 three pointers per game, which ranks 54th in the nation. The RedHawks rank 153rd in three pointers allowed per game (21.9).
- Miami (OH) ranks 37th in steals allowed per game (5.4) while Akron ranks 117th (6.3).
- During their last five games, the RedHawks have scored an average of 56.6 points per game (11.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.2 points per game (1.8 below their season average).
- The Zips’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.4, down from 10.4 for the season.