The Miami (OH) RedHawks (15-14, 8-8 MAC) will travel to Memorial A & C Center to go head-to-head with the Kent State Golden Flashes (14-15, 8-8 MAC) in their home finale. Kent State is a 2-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 139 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 27, 2018.
Miami (OH) RedHawks vs. Kent State Golden Flashes Free Preview
The last time the RedHawks played, they edged the Akron Zips, 64-62. Logan McLane led Miami (OH) in scoring with 23 points on 9-for-11 shooting. The RedHawks forced 19 turnovers and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.6 (above their season average of 29.3).
The Golden Flashes hope to maintain momentum after edging the Bowling Green Falcons in their last matchup, 64-63. Kent State was led by Danny Pippen, who finished with 11 points, eight rebounds and six blocks. The Golden Flashes had a solid free throw rate of 0.283 (above their season average of 0.233) and held the Falcons to an effective field goal percentage of 0.368 (below their season average of 0.492).
Kent State might have trouble putting up points as they square off against one of the NCAA’s best defenses. Miami (OH) ranks 86th in defensive efficiency while the Golden Flashes rank 218th in offensive efficiency.
Of Miami (OH)’s 27 games that accepted bets, 15 have finished under the O/U total, while 12 of Kent State’s 24 games have finished over the O/U total. Both teams have decent straight up (SU) records (15-14 for Miami (OH); 14-15 for Kent State), but the RedHawks have the advantage against the spread (ATS). Miami (OH) is 17-9-1 ATS, while the Golden Flashes are 11-12-1.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to put up 149 points in that game, which was over the projected point total of 142. The RedHawks won 80-69, covering as 2-point favorites. Miami (OH) was lights out from beyond the arc (10-25; 40.0 percent). Kent State, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (11.5 vs. 16.5). Nike Sibande was the game’s leading scorer with 17 points.
Miami (OH) RedHawks vs. Kent State Golden Flashes ATS Prediction
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Miami (OH), ATS Winner – Miami (OH), O/U – Under
- The RedHawks rank 82nd in rebounds per game (37.1) while the Golden Flashes rank 141st in rebounds allowed per game (34.7).
- Kent State ranks 109th in blocks per game (3.4) while Miami (OH) ranks 126th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- Miami (OH) is 11-5-1 ATS on the road, while Kent State is 7-3-1 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 10 of the RedHawks’ 17 road games, while 6 of the Golden Flashes’ 11 home games have gone over.
- Miami (OH) ranks 45th in assists allowed per game (11.6) while Kent State ranks 181st (14.1).
- The RedHawks rank 24th in steals per game (7.7) while the Golden Flashes rank 137th (6.0).
- Miami (OH) ranks 40th in three pointers attempted per game (25.6) while Kent State ranks 132nd (22.5).
- Kent State is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Miami (OH) is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Golden Flashes’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 6.4, up from 0.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the RedHawks have scored an average of 71.8 points per game (0.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 73.2 points per game (3.7 above their season average).