MAC foes will collide when the Bowling Green Falcons (9-4) clash with the Miami (OH) RedHawks (6-4) at Stroh Center. Bowling Green is a 5.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 148 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 2, 2018.
Miami (OH) RedHawks at Bowling Green Falcons Free Preview
In the RedHawks last contest, they fell to the Ohio State Buckeyes, 72-59. With 16 points on 5-for-9 shooting, Darrian Ringo led Miami (OH) in scoring. Ohio State did an excellent job of converting from the free throw line (18-23; 78.3 percent). Miami (OH), on the other hand, held the Buckeyes to an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.0 (below their season average of 30.8).
The Falcons hope to maintain momentum after blowing out the Lourdes Gray Wolves in their last outing, 97-56. Bowling Green’s Justin Turner played a pivotal role with 11 points. Bowling Green dominated every stat category in the game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 39.3 (above their season average of 28.6) and a free throw rate of 0.310 (above their season average of 0.291). Lourdes was 14.3 and 0.155, respectively, for those same stats.
Bowling Green might struggle to find the bottom of the net as they battle against one of the NCAA’s best defenses. Miami (OH) currently ranks 69th in defensive efficiency while the Falcons rank 219th in offensive efficiency.
Of Miami (OH)’s 11 games, six have finished under the O/U total, while 3 of Bowling Green’s 6 games have finished over the projected point total. The Falcons hold the sizable advantage straight up (SU) (9-4 vs. 6-4), but the RedHawks have the better against the spread (ATS) record (7-4 vs. 2-4).
Ringo has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Miami (OH), averaging 9.8 points, 8.8 assists and 2.2 steals per game.
This is the first time these teams will battle this year. The Falcons won both meetings played against each other last season. In the most recent matchup, Bowling Green won 70-54. The Falcons dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.321 and a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 27.6. The RedHawks recorded marks of 0.143 and 22.5, respectively, for those same stats.
Miami (OH) RedHawks vs. Bowling Green Falcons ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Miami (OH), ATS Winner – Miami (OH), O/U – Over
- The Falcons average 6.5 steals per game, which ranks 78th in the nation. The RedHawks rank 131st in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- Miami (OH) is 5-4 ATS on the road, while Bowling Green is 0-3 ATS at home.
- The RedHawks have 5 unders and 4 overs in 9 road games.
- All 3 of the Falcons home games have gone over.
- Miami (OH) ranks 47th in rebounds per game (39.3) while Bowling Green ranks 204th in rebounds allowed per game (38.3).
- The RedHawks rank 27th in assists allowed per game (10.7) while the Falcons rank 148th (15.8).
- Miami (OH) ranks 59th in three pointers attempted per game (25.2) while Bowling Green ranks 114th in three pointers allowed per game (23.2).
- Bowling Green is 1-2 ATS with 2 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Miami (OH) is 3-1 ATS with 2 overs and 2 unders.
- The Falcons average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.4, down from 1.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the RedHawks have scored an average of 75.2 points per game (0.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 71.6 points per game (3.1 above their season average).