The Tulane Green Wave (2-0) will be at home in Fogelman Arena in Devlin Fieldhouse when they challenge the Miami (OH) RedHawks (2-0). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 144 points with Tulane set as a 10.5-point favorite. Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 22, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Miami (OH) RedHawks at Tulane Green Wave ATS Preview
The RedHawks beat the Wright State Raiders in their last matchup, 73-67. With 10 points and 10 assists, Miami (OH)s Darrian Ringo had a solid performance. The RedHawks had a much better turnover percentage (12.8 vs. 19.4) and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.508 vs. 0.444).
In the Green Waves last matchup, they thoroughly outplayed the Southeastern Louisiana Lions, 89-66. With 25 points on 10-for-13 shooting, Melvin Frazier led Tulane in scoring. The Green Wave had a much better free throw rate (0.365 vs. 0.215) and had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.673 vs. 0.400).
This has potential to be a mistake-prone game for the offense of Tulane. Dating back to last season, Tulane ranks 214th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.2 percent), while the disruptive defense of Miami (OH) has forced the 47th-most turnovers in the nation (21.1 percent).
The RedHawks have had records of 13-21 straight up (SU) and 17-15-1 against the spread (ATS) since last season. Since last season, games including Miami (OH) have had a tendency to go under the O/U total (57.6 percent).
Meanwhile, the Green Wave, are 8-25 SU and 12-12-5 ATS since last season. Games involving Tulane have had a tendency to go over the O/U total over that same period (69.0 percent).
Miami (OH) RedHawks vs. Tulane Green Wave Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Tulane, ATS Winner – Miami (OH), O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Green Wave rank 182nd in assists per game (13.3) while the RedHawks rank 278th (11.5).
- Tulane averages 34.9 rebounds per game, which ranks 219th in the NCAA. Miami (OH) ranks 273rd in rebounds allowed per game (38.0).
- Tulane ranks 97th in three pointers allowed per game (20.1) while Miami (OH) ranks 284th (24.1).
- The Green Wave average 6.2 steals per game, which ranks 155th in the NCAA. The RedHawks rank 278th in steals allowed per game (8.1).
- Tulane ranks 73rd in blocks per game (4.1) while Miami (OH) ranks 169th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).