The Kent State Golden Flashes (17-10, 7-7 MAC) welcome the Miami (OH) RedHawks (10-16, 3-10 MAC) to Memorial A & C Center. The RedHawks will attempt to end a 10-game road losing streak. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 25, 2020.
Miami (OH) RedHawks vs. Kent State Golden Flashes Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last game. The Golden Flashes fell to the Buffalo Bulls, 104-98, while the RedHawks were defeated by the Akron Zips, 75-65.
Miami (OH) had a turnover percentage of 6.2 (better than their season average of 14.6) while Kent State had a better turnover percentage (16.7 vs. 16.7). Kent State rallied around Antonio Williams, who contributed 34 points and five rebounds. Meanwhile, Nike Sibande was a key piece for Miami (OH) with 14 points and 11 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Sibande led the RedHawks to a 77-74 victory. He recorded a double-double with 25 points and 10 rebounds. One of Miami (OH)’s largest advantages was getting to the charity stripe. They made 35 trips to the line, while Kent State went just 15 times.
The productive offense of Kent State will go head-to-head against the mid-tier defense of Miami (OH). The Golden Flashes rank 68th in offensive efficiency, while the RedHawks are 293rd in defensive efficiency. The Golden Flashes should have the edge on that end of the court.
Miami (OH) RedHawks at Kent State Golden Flashes Betting Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Kent State, ATS Winner – Kent State, O/U – Over
- Kent State ranks 46th in blocks per game (4.3) while Miami (OH) ranks 191st (2.5).
- The Golden Flashes allow the 25th-fewest steals per game (5.1) while the RedHawks rank 29th (5.2).
- The Golden Flashes rank 56th in three pointers attempted per game (25.1) while the RedHawks rank 176th in three pointers allowed per game (22.1).
- Kent State ranks 118th in rebounds per game (36.3) while Miami (OH) ranks 235th in rebounds allowed per game (37.8).
- The RedHawks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 9.6, up from 1.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Golden Flashes have scored an average of 68.4 points per game (7.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 73.0 points per game (3.4 above their season average).