A five-game home winning streak is on the line for the Illinois Fighting Illini (6-1) when they take on the Miami Hurricanes (4-3) at State Farm Center. The game can be seen on ESPN2 at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, December 2, 2019.
Miami Hurricanes vs. Illinois Fighting Illini ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Fighting Illini won big over the Lindenwood Lions, 117-65, while the Hurricanes got blown out by the UConn Huskies, 80-55.
Illinois dominated every stat category in the game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.444 (above their season average of 0.289) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 42.9 (below their season average of 46.6). For those same stats, Lindenwood put up marks of 0.063 and 20.5, respectively. Miami, meanwhile, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.500 vs. 0.592). Andres Feliz played a key role for Illinois with 16 points, nine assists and five rebounds. Meanwhile, Dejan Vasiljevic led the way for Miami, finishing with 11 points.
It will be a matchup of conflicting tempos as the fast-paced Fighting Illini will look to push the more methodical Hurricanes. Since the 2018-19 season, the Fighting Illini rank 69th in possessions per game while the Hurricanes are 244th. Moreover, the Hurricanes have committed the 37th-fewest errors in the nation (turnover percentage of 16.6 percent), while the gambling defense of the Fighting Illini has caused the 49th-most (opponents’ turnover percentage of 21.5 percent).
Miami Hurricanes vs. Illinois Fighting Illini Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Illinois, ATS Winner – Miami, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Illinois ranks 101st in assists per game (14.2) while Miami ranks 246th in assists allowed per game (14.1).
- The Fighting Illini average 21.8 three pointers per game, which ranks 186th in the nation. The Hurricanes rank 200th in three pointers allowed per game (22.9).
- Miami averages 6.5 steals per game, which ranks 135th in the country. Illinois ranks 145th in steals allowed per game (6.3).
- The Fighting Illini rank 163rd in rebounds allowed per game (34.8) while the Hurricanes rank 263rd (36.9).
- Miami ranks 154th in blocks per game (3.2) while Illinois ranks 230th (2.5).