The Utah Jazz (5-6) will be at home in Vivint Smart Home Arena when they challenge the Miami Heat (5-6). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 196 points with Utah set as a 3-point favorite. Action gets underway at 9 p.m. ET on Friday, November 10, 2017.
Miami Heat vs. Utah Jazz Odds Preview
The Heat beat the Phoenix Suns in their last contest, 126-115. Goran Dragic led Miami in scoring with 29 points on 9-for-19 shooting. Miami played a nearly perfect game. They had a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 28.2 (above their season average of 18.7) and a free throw rate of 0.346 (above their season average of 0.157). For those same stats, Phoenix was 12.5 and 0.261, respectively.
The last time the Jazz played, they were defeated by the Philadelphia 76ers, 104-97. With 16 points and 15 rebounds, Rudy Gobert had a solid game for Utah. Philadelphia was lights out from beyond the arc (12-27; 44.4 percent). Utah, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 9.5 (better than their season average of 16.0).
Miami might struggle to score as they go head-to-head against one of the NBA’s best defenses. Utah ranks fifth in defensive efficiency while the Heat rank 23rd in offensive efficiency.
Of Miami’s 11 games, five have finished over the O/U total, while 6 of Utah’s 11 games have finished under the O/U total. Both teams have mediocre straight up (SU) records (5-6 for Miami; 5-6 for Utah), but the Jazz have the edge against the spread (ATS). Utah is 6-5 ATS, while the Heat are 3-6-2.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after splitting two games last season. The Heat won the last contest 111-110. Miami won the rebounding battle. The Heat had more offensive rebounds (13 vs. five), defensive rebounds (27 vs. 26) and total rebounds (40 vs. 31).
Miami Heat at Utah Jazz Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Jazz, ATS Winner – Heat, O/U – Under
- The Jazz rank 10th in second chance points allowed per game (11.4) while the Heat rank 29th (15.9).
- Utah ranks fourth in fast break points allowed per game (8.0) while Miami ranks 12th (10.0).
- Utah ranks second in blocks per game (6.3) while Miami ranks 14th in blocks allowed per game (5.0).
- Miami is second in the NBA with 18.2 assists allowed per game while Utah is third with 19.3 assists allowed per game.
- Miami is 3-2 ATS on the road, while Utah is 5-2 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 2 of the Heat’s 5 road games, while 4 of the Jazz’s 7 home games have gone under.
- Utah is 4-1 when they allow below 100 points, while Miami is 2-3.
- The Heat are 4-3 when they score over 100 points, while the Jazz are 3-2.
- The Heat rank first in three pointers allowed per game (23.9) while the Jazz rank 13th (27.8).
- Utah ranks second in steals per game (9.9) while Miami ranks 24th in steals allowed per game (9.3).
- The Jazz rank first in points off turnovers per game (21.8) while the Heat rank 23rd in points off turnovers allowed per game (19.6).
- The Heat average 43.2 rebounds per game, which ranks 15th in the league. The Jazz rank 17th in rebounds allowed per game (44.5).
- Utah ranks second in points allowed in the paint per game (37.5) while Miami ranks 23rd (46.7).
- Utah is 2-3 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Miami is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders, 1 over and 1 push.
- The Jazz’s average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 3.8, up from 1.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Heat have scored an average of 100.2 points per game (3.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 99.8 points per game (5.1 below their season average).