The Portland Trail Blazers (40-26) and the Miami Heat (36-31) go head-to-head at Moda Center at the Rose Quarter. The Trail Blazers will attempt to lengthen their nine-game winning streak. Tip-off is set for 10:30 p.m. ET on Monday, March 12, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN.
Miami Heat at Portland Trail Blazers Odds Preview
The Heat dismantled the Washington Wizards in their last game, 129-102. With 13 points and 11 rebounds, Kelly Olynyk played well for Miami. The Heat forced 15 turnovers and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.648 (above their season average of 0.519).
The last time the Trail Blazers played, they beat the Golden State Warriors, 125-108. Portland’s Damian Lillard had a good outing, putting up 28 points and eight assists. Portland played a nearly flawless game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 34.1 (above their season average of 22.8) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.584 (above their season average of 0.511). Golden State was 15.8 and 0.564, respectively, for those same stats.
Portland appears to have the advantage on the defensive side of the ball. The Trail Blazers currently rank fifth in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.502), while Miami is 15th in effective field goal percentage (0.521).
Of Miami’s 67 games, 35 have finished under the O/U total, while 38 of Portland’s 66 games have finished under the O/U total. The Trail Blazers have the better straight up (SU) record (40-26 vs. 36-31), but both teams are right around the .500 mark against the spread (ATS).
Justise Winslow has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Miami, averaging 13.2 points, 6.6 rebounds and 2.0 steals per game.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined to score 197 points, which was under the projected point total of 204.5. The Trail Blazers won 102-95, covering as 3-point underdogs. The Trail Blazers dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.278 and a turnover percentage of 11.8. For those same stats, the Heat had marks of 0.194 and 15.4, respectively. CJ McCollum was the game’s leading scorer with 28 points.
Miami Heat vs. Portland Trail Blazers Free Prediction
NBA Tip: SU Winner – Heat, ATS Winner – Heat, O/U – Under
- The Heat rank 18th in steals per game (7.5) while the Trail Blazers rank 27th (6.9).
- Miami ranks 28th in fast break points per game (8.1) while Portland ranks last (7.7).
- Portland ranks fourth in points allowed in the paint per game (41.9) while Miami ranks 11th (43.2).
- On the road, Miami is 22-11-1 ATS with 18 unders, 15 overs and 1 push.
- Portland is 17-13-3 ATS at home with 18 unders and 15 overs.
- When holding opponents under 100 points, Portland is 21-5 and Miami is 21-6.
- In games where they reach the century mark, the Heat are 26-15 and the Trail Blazers are 35-13.
- The Heat rank 21st in points off turnovers per game (16.1) while the Trail Blazers rank 28th (14.5).
- Miami ranks seventh in blocks per game (5.3) while Portland ranks 22nd in blocks allowed per game (5.2).
- The Trail Blazers rank third in rebounds per game (45.2) while the Heat rank 18th (43.0).
- The Heat rank third in three pointers allowed per game (25.9) while the Trail Blazers rank fourth (26.5).
- Miami ranks 20th in assists per game (22.3) while Portland ranks last (19.1).
- Portland is 5-0 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Miami is 4-0-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Trail Blazers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 12.6, up from 2.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Heat have scored an average of 116.0 points per game (13.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 103.4 points per game (1.3 above their season average).