The Denver Nuggets (4-4) welcome the Miami Heat (3-4) in a matchup that pits sensational offense against tremendous defense. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 214 points with Denver opening as a 5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for at 9 p.m. ET on Friday, November 3, 2017, and it can be seen on Altitude Sports & Entertainmnt.
Miami Heat at Denver Nuggets ATS Preview
The Heat beat the Chicago Bulls, 97-91, in their last contest. With 13 points and 14 rebounds, Miami’s Hassan Whiteside had a solid game. Miami dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.205 (above their season average of 0.156) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.482 (below their season average of 0.528). For those same stats, Chicago had marks of 0.135 and 0.444, respectively.
The last time the Nuggets played, they blew out the Toronto Raptors, 129-111. Nikola Jokic fueled Denver for Denver with eight points, 16 rebounds and 10 assists. Denver dominated every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.216 (above their season average of 0.177) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.7 (below their season average of 25.2). Toronto had marks of 0.188 and 20.9, respectively, for those same stats.
This showdown pits one of the league’s top offenses against one of its elite defenses as Denver ranks fifth in offensive efficiency and Miami is fifth in defensive efficiency since last season.
Games involving Miami have finished over 57.1 percent of the time, while Denver games have gone under 62.5 percent of the time. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Nuggets have a significant advantage. They are 4-4 SU and 3-5 ATS, while the Heat are 3-4 SU and 0-5-2 ATS.
Each team won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the last contest, the Heat won 106-98. Miami had a much better turnover percentage (5.4 vs. 15.8). Denver, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (27.5 vs. 21.2).
Miami Heat at Denver Nuggets Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Nuggets, ATS Winner – Nuggets, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Heat rank first in fast break points allowed per game (9.9) while the Nuggets rank 22nd (13.9).
- Denver averages 46.3 rebounds per game, which ranks second in the league. Miami ranks 16th in rebounds allowed per game (43.7).
- Denver ranks first in points in the paint per game (49.8) while Miami ranks 20th in points allowed in the paint per game (45.0).
- Miami ranks 23rd in steals per game (7.2) while Denver ranks 28th (7.0).
- Denver is 12-1 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Miami is 25-15.
- The Nuggets are 43-31 when they score above 100 points, while the Heat are 38-16.
- The Nuggets rank first in second chance points per game (15.2) while the Heat rank 19th in second chance points allowed per game (13.2).
- Miami ranks third in blocks per game (5.7) while Denver ranks 28th (3.9).
- The Heat rank second in assists allowed per game (19.5) while the Nuggets rank 26th (23.9).
- The Heat rank first in three pointers allowed per game (22.6) while the Nuggets rank 12th (26.5).
- Miami ranks fourth in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.3) while Denver ranks 26th (17.9).