The Brooklyn Nets (16-20) and the Miami Heat (27-10) battle at Barclays Center. The Nets are 3-point underdogs and look to put an end to their seven-game losing streak. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 217 points and it can be seen on YES Network at 7:30 p.m. ET on Friday, January 10, 2020.
Miami Heat vs. Brooklyn Nets ATS Odds
The Heat will be hoping for a similar outcome after defeating the Indiana Pacers in their last game, 122-108, as 1-point underdogs. The Nets, on the other hand, were topped by the Oklahoma City Thunder, 111-103, and were not able to cover as 1-point underdogs. The Miami game finished 20.5 points over the projected point total of 209.5, while the Brooklyn game finished 2.5 points under the projected point total of 216.5.
Miami played a nearly perfect game. They had a ridiculous effective field goal percentage of 0.630 (above their season average of 0.542) and a free throw rate of 0.247 (above their season average of 0.237). Indiana was 0.530 and 0.226, respectively, for those same stats. Brooklyn, on the other hand, held Oklahoma City to an offensive rebounding percentage of 16.3 (below the 23.5 mark opponents have averaged against Brooklyn this season). Brooklyn received a boost from Taurean Prince, who put up 21 points and eight rebounds. Bam Adebayo played a pivotal role for Miami with 18 points and nine rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Adebayo led the Heat to a 109-106 win. He notched a double-double with 17 points and 16 rebounds. The two teams combined for 215 points, hitting the projected point total, and Miami was unable to cover as a 4.5-point favorite. Miami made good use of their 28 trips to the free throw line, making 23 of them (82.1 percent). Brooklyn, meanwhile, was 12-16 (75.0 percent).
Vegas is known to place the total low when the Heat are involved, as 59.5 percent of their games have finished over the O/U total. Miami heads into the contest with records of 27-10 straight up (SU) and 21-14-2 against the spread (ATS).
Games involving the Nets have no tendency in regards to the O/U total, as there has been an even split between games finishing over and under. Moreover, Brooklyn owns records of 16-20 SU and 16-19-1 ATS.
The offense of Brooklyn (25th in the league with an offensive efficiency of 103.5) will square off against the top-notch defense of Miami (ninth in the NBA with a defensive efficiency of 105.2). The Heat should have the advantage on that side of the ball.
Miami Heat at Brooklyn Nets Betting Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Heat, ATS Winner – Nets, O/U – Over
- The Nets rank 21st in points off turnovers per game (16.2) while the Heat rank 27th in points off turnovers allowed per game (19.0).
- Miami ranks second in rebounds allowed per game (41.6) while Brooklyn ranks 28th (47.4).
- The Nets rank fourth in points in the paint per game (50.7) while the Heat rank 23rd (45.4).
- Brooklyn ranks eighth in second chance points per game (13.8) while Miami ranks 25th (11.8).
- Miami ranks 14th in steals per game (7.7) while Brooklyn ranks 25th (6.6).
- The Nets rank sixth in three pointers attempted per game (37.6) while the Heat rank 27th in three pointers allowed per game (37.0).
- The Nets rank second in assists allowed per game (21.2) while the Heat rank 14th (24.0).
- Miami ranks fifth in blocks allowed per game (4.2) while Brooklyn ranks 24th (5.6).
- Brooklyn is 3-1 when they allow under 100 points, while Miami is 5-1.
- When reaching 100 points, the Heat are 26-5 and the Nets are 16-15.
- Miami is 9-9-1 ATS on the road, while Brooklyn is 9-8 ATS at home.
- The Heat have 10 overs, 8 unders and 1 push in 19 road games.
- The Nets have 9 unders, 7 overs and 1 push in 17 home games.
- In their last five games, Miami and Brooklyn have both had 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Heat are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Nets are 0-5.
- The Heat have been outscored by an average of 1.0 point in their last five games. For the season, Miami has defeated opponents by an average of 4.1 points.
- During their last five games, the Nets have scored an average of 104.0 points per game (5.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 115.6 points per game (3.9 above their season average).