The Los Angeles Clippers (5-3) will be at home in Staples Center when they take on the Miami Heat (3-5). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 207.5 points with Los Angeles opening as a 5.5-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for at 3:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 5, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports Sun.
Miami Heat at Los Angeles Clippers ATS Preview
The Heat lost a tough one against the Denver Nuggets, 95-94, in their last game. Goran Dragic had a solid game for Miami, leading the team in scoring with 23 points on 8-for-15 shooting. Denver had a better free throw rate (0.175 vs. 0.091). Miami, meanwhile, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.565 vs. 0.506).
In the Clippers’ last matchup, they were topped by the Memphis Grizzlies, 113-104. Blake Griffin was the top scorer from either team with 30 points on 10-for-17 shooting. Memphis made 13 of their 31 three pointers (41.9 percent). Los Angeles, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 26.1).
Half-court execution will be at a premium when two of the league’s slowest-paced teams square off. Los Angeles ranks 25th in possessions per game (97.7) and Miami is 24th (97.7) since the 2016-17 season.
Games featuring Miami have gone over 50.0 percent of the time, while Los Angeles games have gone under 62.5 percent of the time. The Clippers come into this game with considerably better straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 5-3 SU and 5-2 ATS, while the Heat are 3-5 SU and 1-5-2 ATS.
The Clippers won both contests against the Heat last season. In the most recent contest, the Clippers won 102-98. Los Angeles did a great job of getting and making free throws (23-29; 79.3 percent). Miami, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (3.7 vs. 9.5).
Miami Heat vs. Los Angeles Clippers Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Clippers, ATS Winner – Clippers, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Heat rank second in assists allowed per game (19.5) while the Clippers rank 14th (22.7).
- Miami averages 13.3 second chance points per game, which ranks 10th in the league. Los Angeles ranks 14th in second chance points allowed per game (12.5).
- Miami ranks first in three pointers allowed per game (22.6) while Los Angeles ranks sixth (26.3).
- When holding opponents below 100 points, Miami is 25-16 and Los Angeles is 32-9.
- When scoring over 100 points, the Heat are 38-16 and the Clippers are 51-19.
- The Heat rank second in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.4) while the Clippers rank seventh (15.5).
- Miami ranks third in blocks per game (5.7) while Los Angeles ranks 22nd (4.1).
- The Heat rank sixth in fast break points allowed per game (9.9) while the Clippers rank 25th (13.6).
- The Heat rank fourth in steals allowed per game (7.0) while the Clippers rank fifth (7.1).
- Miami ranks ninth in points in the paint per game (45.6) while Los Angeles ranks 26th (40.8).