The Cleveland Cavaliers (4-6) will be 5-point underdogs at home in Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse when they square off against the Miami Heat (7-3). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 216 points and it will air on Fox Sports – Ohio at 6 p.m. ET on Thursday, November 14, 2019.
Miami Heat at Cleveland Cavaliers Betting Odds
Although the Cavaliers were defeated by the Philadelphia 76ers in their last outing, 98-97, they were able to cover as 11-point underdogs. The Heat, meanwhile, defeated the Detroit Pistons, 117-108, resulting in a push. The Cleveland game went 24 points under the projected point total of 219, while the Miami game finished 10.5 points over the projected point total of 214.5.
The Heat had an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.0 (above their season average of 20.7) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.623 (above their season average of 0.534). Cleveland, meanwhile, did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (16-20; 80.0 percent). Tristan Thompson played a pivotal role for Cleveland with 17 points and 12 rebounds. Jimmy Butler led the way for Miami, finishing with 20 points and 13 assists.
The Heat dominated this series last year, securing victories in all four games. In the most recent contest, Miami won 126-110. Miami won the rebounding battle. The Heat had more offensive rebounds (14 vs. 6), defensive rebounds (31 vs. 22) and total rebounds (45 vs. 28). This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
Games involving the Heat have no tendency in regards to the O/U total, as there has been an even split between games finishing over and under. Miami comes into the contest with records of 7-3 straight up (SU) and 6-2-2 against the spread (ATS).
Games featuring the Cavaliers have a tendency to finish under the total (60.0 percent). Cleveland is 6-2-2 ATS, despite being 4-6 SU.
The Heat’s Butler has been playing at a high level over his last five games, averaging 19 points,6.8 rebounds,6.2 assists,2.8 steals per game. Meanwhile, Collin Sexton has averaged 20 points during that same time frame for the Cavaliers.
Cleveland might have trouble finding the bottom of the net as they go head-to-head against one of the NBA’s best defenses. Miami ranks third in defensive efficiency, while the Cavaliers rank 20th in offensive efficiency. Moreover, the Heat are among the NBA’s elite at getting to the line, ranking third in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.239). The Cavaliers, meanwhile, rank first in opponents’ FTA rate (0.141).
Heat at Cavaliers Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Heat, ATS Winner – Heat, O/U – Under
- The Heat rank 18th in second chance points allowed per game (13.3) while the Cavaliers rank 25th (14.7).
- Cleveland ranks fourth in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.8) while Miami ranks 27th (20.3).
- The Heat rank third in steals per game (9.6) while the Cavaliers rank 18th (7.4).
- Miami ranks fourth in rebounds allowed per game (42.1) while Cleveland ranks 15th (46.3).
- Cleveland ranks 16th in three pointers allowed per game (33.3) while Miami ranks 25th (38.0).
- The Heat rank 10th in blocks per game (5.5) while the Cavaliers rank 28th (3.7).
- The Heat average 47.6 points in the paint per game, which ranks 14th in the league. The Cavaliers rank 24th in points allowed in the paint per game (51.2).
- Miami averages 25.9 assists per game, which ranks fifth in the NBA. Cleveland ranks 22nd in assists allowed per game (24.8).
- Cleveland is 2-2 when they allow under 100 points, while Miami is 2-1.
- The Cavaliers are 4-3 when they reach the century mark, while the Heat are 7-1.
- Cleveland is 2-1-1 ATS at home, while Miami is 3-2-1 ATS on the road.
- The Heat have 3 overs and 3 unders in 6 road games.
- In 4 home games, the Cavaliers have 3 overs and 1 under.
- In their last five games, Miami and Cleveland have both had 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Cavaliers are 3-1-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Heat are 2-2-1.
- The Cavaliers have outscored opponents by an average of 1.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Cleveland has lost by an average of 0.9 points.
- During their last five games, the Heat have scored an average of 107.8 points per game (3.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 104.0 points per game (1.7 below their season average).