The Miami Heat (3-1), 6-point favorites, will be at State Farm Arena to go head-to-head with the Atlanta Hawks (2-2) in a Southeast Division matchup. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 216.5 points and it gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, October 31, 2019.
Miami Heat at Atlanta Hawks Betting Odds
In their first matchup this season, Adebayo led the Heat to a 112-97 win. He registered a double-double with 17 points and 10 rebounds. Miami covered as a 7.5-point favorite and the two teams combined to score 209 points, which was well under the projected point total of 224.5. Getting to the charity stripe was one of Miami’s largest strengths. They made 45 trips to the line, while Atlanta went just 24 times.
Since last season, the Heat have had records of 42-44 straight up (SU) and 45-41-5 against the spread (ATS). Vegas has been fairly accurate when setting the O/U total of Miami games since last season with 46 unders compared to 42 overs.
Meanwhile, the Hawks, have records of 31-55 SU and 43-41-2 ATS since last season. Vegas has been fairly accurate when setting the O/U total of Atlanta games over that same stretch with 47 unders compared to 37 overs.
This contest should be a showdown of opposite paces. Since the 2018-19 season, Atlanta has preferred an up-tempo style of play (first in possessions per game), while Miami has been more half-court-oriented (22nd in possessions per game). Furthermore, the Heat, who rank fifth in offensive rebounding percentage (24.7 percent), will face off against the Hawks, who rank 21st in defensive rebounding percentage (76.3 percent).
Miami Heat vs. Atlanta Hawks Odds Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Heat, ATS Winner – Heat, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- The Hawks average 17.0 points off turnovers per game, which ranks 10th in the NBA. The Heat rank 23rd in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.3).
- Miami ranks fifth in assists allowed per game (23.4) while Atlanta ranks 28th (26.5).
- The Heat average 5.5 blocks per game, which ranks fourth in the NBA. The Hawks rank 23rd in blocks allowed per game (5.5).
- Atlanta ranks fourth in three pointers attempted per game (36.8) while Miami ranks 22nd in three pointers allowed per game (33.6).
- Miami ranks second in points allowed in the paint per game (42.6) while Atlanta ranks 15th (49.0).
- The Heat average 14.1 second chance points per game, which ranks seventh in the league. The Hawks rank 28th in second chance points allowed per game (14.6).
- The Heat average 7.7 steals per game, which ranks 13th in the league. The Hawks rank 29th in steals allowed per game (9.8).
- Miami averages 46.5 rebounds per game, which ranks eighth in the league. Atlanta ranks 21st in rebounds allowed per game (46.0).
- Atlanta ranks ninth in fast break points per game (15.0) while Miami ranks last (9.9).
- Atlanta is 4-2 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Miami is 23-3.
- The Hawks are 30-44 when they reach the century mark, while the Heat are 38-24.