The Drexel Dragons (2-1) and the Mercer Bears (3-1) go head-to-head in the U.S. Virgin Islands Paradise Jam at Vines Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 18, 2017.
Mercer Bears vs. Drexel Dragons ATS Preview
In the Bears last matchup, they were victorious over the Liberty Flames, 63-48. With nine points, 13 rebounds and seven assists, Jordan Strawberry had a good outing for Mercer. Mercer played a nearly flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.9 (below their season average of 36.4) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.563 (below their season average of 0.579). For those same stats, Liberty had marks of 9.1 and 0.418, respectively.
The Dragons will look to keep it rolling after defeating the Houston Cougars in their last contest, 84-80. With 21 points on 5-for-12 shooting, Tramaine Isabell was Drexels high scorer. The Dragons had a much better free throw rate (0.529 vs. 0.153) and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.559 vs. 0.479).
It will be a matchup of contrasting styles as the fast-paced Dragons will look to push the more methodical Bears. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Dragons rank 60th in possessions per game while the Bears are 342nd. Also, the Bears rank 34th in offensive efficiency (113.5), while the Dragons rank 299th in defensive efficiency (109.2).
Mercer Bears vs. Drexel Dragons Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Drexel, ATS Winner – Drexel, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Dragons rank 166th in blocks per game (3.1) while the Bears rank 248th (2.3).
- Mercer averages 14.1 assists per game, which ranks 126th in the NCAA. Drexel ranks 208th in assists allowed per game (13.9).
- Mercer ranks 14th in rebounds allowed per game (30.9) while Drexel ranks 242nd (37.2).
- The Dragons average 23.1 three pointers per game, which ranks 84th in the nation. The Bears rank 293rd in three pointers allowed per game (24.6).
- Drexel ranks 186th in steals per game (5.8) while Mercer ranks 274th (4.6).